PDA

View Full Version : I need some help

CaptainKen
05-19-2009, 11:51 PM
OK, Granted I am new to this game - on my 4th day (game day 7) - Anyhow, I am in the forrest with my Paladin and am trying to get the amulet from the Shepard boy. When I took it, some of my troops rebelled against me - not a pretty thing, so I reloaded and tried again. THis time, I fought on some kind of a surface I never saw before. Anyhow, there were all these gremlins, standing on what looked like castles. I went after the army, but these gremlins just kept summoning massive amounts of creatures - griffins, archers, etd, and turned some of mine into sheep. ANyhow after 16 turns in battle, I lost - SO - what should I have done? 1) fought the battle with my troops turning against me? Took out the gremlins instead of the regular army that was against me or 3) not taken on this quest. I'm figuring that you more experienced players will know whta to do. It is very discouraging to watch your amry get whittled down into nothing in what seems like an unfair fight. ANy advice from you guys would truly be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

DGDobrev
05-20-2009, 12:41 AM
Well... First of all, that's the sort of arena you're going to fight when you'll upgrade or suppress rebelling items (items that have morale that went to 0).

The gremlins are standing on 2 types of towers. The red gremlins are offensive and they will attack your army with lightning and various debuffs or cast divine armor on their own troops. The brown gremlins are "friendly gremlins" and they cast spells like slow, divine armor, summon creatures and such.

In such cases, the sooner you destroy the towers, the better (later on that friendly gremlin tower can be exploited for killing the summonedunits while you ress your own army, but that's another matter). Especially the towers with red gremlins. Some suppressions and upgrades require you to beat a tough army. So it may be wise to leave it for a later time when you get more units, better spells and better equipment :)

CaptainKen
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
THank you for your answer - clear and straight-forward. I appreciate the response. I was pretty de-moralized, but now at least I know that I have to wait until I get stronger and get a stronger army. I'm level 4 now, so I'll wait awhile. I APPRECIATE your response.

Ken

Zuvio
05-20-2009, 07:41 AM
One tip I always used when fighting these quest related supress battles: have enough rage for an Evil Shoal from Sleem. He is the green rage spirit from your rage box. You get him after you feed him some venomous snakes. The evil shoal will kill off the top row two towers and many enemy units. Just fight some random battle and end it with enough rage for your evil shoal. Evil Shoal is the second ability of the Spirit. If you do not have the rage box yet, go do the quests with the crown in front of them, that is the top most quest. You will get the rage box eventually and then can talk to the spirits from your hero menu.

Metathron
05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
As far as I remember, the guardians of this amulet are pretty weak, so you shouldn't be far away from being able to defeat them with your level 4 hero. Perhaps another level or 2 will make you stronger.

What's your army composition? Which class are you playing as?

Have shooters, so you'll be able to deal with the towers as soon as possible, especially the red ones (evil gremlin). Archers are an obvious example. Thorn warriors are also easily available.

Troops with a magical range attack, such as priests, inquisitors and archmages are not a good choice, because the towers seem to have some kind of resistance to that and these troops will do puny damage. If you do choose to take any of them, use them to attack enemy troops, or reinforce your other stacks with beneficial spells (magic shield, bless, heal...).

Also, as Zuvio said, it's a good idea to enter the battle with a good amount of rage so as to be able to cast evil shoal, because IIRC the towers in this battle have low hp so they'll fall like flies. In many later suppressings, this couldn't work, as you'll face towers with 4000 hp and more.

jfp3
06-19-2009, 04:54 AM
As a late comer to this thread...So this is for anyone else dropping by in the future. I had almost exactly the same experience as the OP.

I'd have to say don't even try to Suppress an item until level 5 or 6 (I was 6 and got a good scare the even at that level). But I still have not used Rage of any kind yet (don't really know what I'm looking for besides just the box itself which I have already) to get access to my first Rage Spirit.

If anyone has any clues for me as to what to look for next I'd appreciate them.

Cheers

Metathron
06-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Well, are you following the quest? You should bring the box back to King Mark. Then talk to each spirit by clicking their pictures in the hero screen, ask them if they'll serve you. You can get the first two to serve you straight away, Zerock by defeating some mages and Sleem by feeding him some poisonous spiders or snakes.

jfp3
06-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Ok Stupid me. I didn't "speak" to the Spirits, didn't know I should or even could. I now have been using the 1st to Spirits with much gusto in every battle now. That super Sleem spell (2nd one) is just great.

And one of the best tactics in the game I've read so far is to reserve really weak battles for "getting your Rage" up...then run to the big battle with enough Rage stored up to have a great "opening Salvo" against a stronger enemy.