PDA

View Full Version : Online play questions

TofuStoreDrift
05-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Has it been any mention if of a radar online? Also will opponents be marked with red name tags? IMO these two things can ruin game play. First, not all planes had an effective radar, so it wouldn't be historical accurate. Second if your marked with a red icon, how do you sneak up on someone? Its not like you can hide behind buildings. I understand the need for marking planes, but just mark your team mates, so there is no unwanted friendly fire.

OntheCrab
05-18-2009, 08:15 PM
as long as there's no none of those icons that show you where to lead your target....

talk about taking the fun out of deflection shooting.

achillies_ny
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Maybe the "Radar" or "Compass" will be a option in the Online settings, like if your Lobby is set to Simulation, then they should disable all the "n00b" help features. They will need a Coming or heading marker either way though, I don't except to memorise maps, so even if I am flying in a Sim mode game, I need some sort of navigational direction.

I totally adgree with the Plane/Player Tags though, there's no way they should show that unless you make a visual lock first, then it would show the player's name. and a visual lock should only happen if you mean it, I hope you cant just spam the target button and look everyone like a Crazy Rabbit to find targets.

We still don't even know how the online game is going to flow or what the tempo will be like.

plus you better not run off to far and leave your wingman by himself to get chewed up so you can "sneak up"