PDA

View Full Version : Russian GDC 'Best console game' award

Anton Yudintsev
05-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Hello guys!
I am just from Russian GDC (called KRI) - where 'IL-2: Birds of Prey' has won 'Best console game' award.
This gives us already three awards for the game:

'Best console game' - just now.
'Best simulation game' and 'Best technology' - last year.

Was busy with event, will get to you back soon.

guiltyspark
05-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello guys!
I am just from Russian GDC (called KRI) - where 'IL-2: Birds of Prey' has won 'Best console game' award.

sweet

Tomo
05-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Congratulations! Well done :)

guiltyspark
05-17-2009, 10:10 PM
but then again usually russian gameshows revolve completely around pc titles

so this could mean anything :)

GabeFan
05-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Great news Anton!!!! Congratulations!

Nice to see BoP is getting the recognition it deserves...

xNikex
05-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Congratulations Anton and Gaijin!

Very happy to hear that!:grin:

OntheCrab
05-17-2009, 11:55 PM
Congratulations to you and your dev team, Anton.

I hope the game continues to excite in the coming months.
This genre needs a shot in the arm and you guys have got your fists cocked!

The_Goalie_94
05-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Is it just me, or can i NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. I mean it isn't even out yet and their isn't even an official website yet and look, 3 awards. This looks AWESOME!

trk29
05-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Is it just me, or can i NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME. I mean it isn't even out yet and their isn't even an official website yet and look, 3 awards. This looks AWESOME!

I couldn't agree more. Thats nuts!!!

Raw Kryptonite
05-18-2009, 12:49 AM
Hello guys!

Way to go!
Expecting to see a lot more awards sent your way over the next year.

Any event footage of the game we can check out? ;)

Kartman013
05-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Incredibly encouraging news and congratulations too!

Perhaps, just perhaps, now a flight simulation game can be taken seriously on consoles. I am excited beyond words.

achillies_ny
05-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Congratulations, glad to hear it, gives the game even more steam for a great release.
I can't wait to pick this game up, hearing this just makes me even more anxious for it to release, is it getting a worldwide release or is each region getting it at different times?

Buggins
05-18-2009, 04:00 AM
No surprise there Anton. I'd say the first of many. Well done mate!

Anton Yudintsev
05-18-2009, 07:03 AM

There were competitors for 'console game'.
Captain Blood, for example. Creat Games developed 3 games at the moment, U-Wars, Majesty-2. And others.

But, there were lot more competitors for 'Best simulation game' - all of them on PC.

Thunderbolt56
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
When?

xNikex
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
There were competitors for 'console game'.
Captain Blood, for example. Creat Games developed 3 games at the moment, U-Wars, Majesty-2. And others.

But, there were lot more competitors for 'Best simulation game' - all of them on PC.

Wow.

achillies_ny
05-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Jezz, some of the people on this board can be very demanding and sometimes sound rude. They win a award for a game we all have a interest in and you just put him down. Guys just relax, the game is going to be fun, its going to surprise us in some areas and other areas you still will have to look for another game. Or after the game is out, we simply email the makers over and over with some suggestions for a Patch/DLC/Sequel to see a idea that would really work.

Also you guys should promote this game to everyone, I go into HOME alot and constantly tell everyone about this game, give them URLs to movies and message them the High Res Pics, I'm more concerned this game gets a large group of people into it, they almost then make it impossible for 505 and gaijin too not do any future work with it, also if it is a success this will open the door for more SIM like flight games, Hell they just give fighters anthology a Face lift and I would pay a 100$ for that game

Buggins
05-19-2009, 04:11 AM

FFS, what's your problem?

Desode
05-19-2009, 06:29 AM
Congrats to the DEV team ! Thanks for the Info Anton.
DESODE

Thunderbolt56
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Also you guys should promote this game to everyone,...

I won't promote ANYTHING sight unseen. Once I get it on my machine, play it a bit and can comment without ignorance, I will consider promotion.

Nothing personal, but While I am excited about the potential of this product, I'm also experienced (read - old) enough to temper my enthusiasm. I also don't pre-order games or follow brands. Just saying.

I hope it will be all it's anticipated to be and certainly will buy it, but extolling its virtues to others without actually having any hands-on experience is no different than the silly people over at newegg.com giving reviews on products they don't even own.

If you buy it, play it and like it though, you MUST sing aloud as this genre is in severe need of positive propaganda...regardless of platform.

TB

Kartman013
05-19-2009, 03:28 PM
I won't promote ANYTHING sight unseen. Once I get it on my machine, play it a bit and can comment without ignorance, I will consider promotion.

Nothing personal, but While I am excited about the potential of this product, I'm also experienced (read - old) enough to temper my enthusiasm. I also don't pre-order games or follow brands. Just saying.

I hope it will be all it's anticipated to be and certainly will buy it, but extolling its virtues to others without actually having any hands-on experience is no different than the silly people over at newegg.com giving reviews on products they don't even own.

If you buy it, play it and like it though, you MUST sing aloud as this genre is in severe need of positive propaganda...regardless of platform.

TB

As an 'old' gamer myself I wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree. Just as SimBin, the renowned PC racing sim developer, brought RacePro to consoles (and did a fine good job of it), I WILL promote Il-2 to everyone I care to share it with as - like SimBin - the developers hearts are in the right place and their track record is impeccable. I will however reserve judgment until I get a few hours with the game under my 'experienced' belt.

Thunderbolt56
05-19-2009, 05:45 PM
As an 'old' gamer myself I wholeheartedly and respectfully disagree. Just as SimBin, the renowned PC racing sim developer, brought RacePro to consoles (and did a fine good job of it), I WILL promote Il-2 to everyone I care to share it with as - like SimBin - the developers hearts are in the right place and their track record is impeccable. I will however reserve judgment until I get a few hours with the game under my 'experienced' belt.

What are you disagreeing with exactly? The way I read your post, we're saying the same thing. The only difference is that you seem to think the original IL2 team had some type of direct input and development in this console game. In reality they did provide some data and certain levels of code, but Anton has been very clear in that this is a completely new sim/game developed by a completely different team than Oleg's IL2 team.

As far as IL2 is concerned, I've been flying that since the original demo days and continue to fly it in some form or another about 10 hours a week. It is hands-down the best, most extensive and complete WWII sim ever developed and I will "go to war" so to speak for IL2 as well...but this is a different program despite the similarities in name...be sure.

Kartman013
05-19-2009, 11:35 PM
What are you disagreeing with exactly? The way I read your post, we're saying the same thing. The only difference is that you seem to think the original IL2 team had some type of direct input and development in this console game. In reality they did provide some data and certain levels of code, but Anton has been very clear in that this is a completely new sim/game developed by a completely different team than Oleg's IL2 team.

As far as IL2 is concerned, I've been flying that since the original demo days and continue to fly it in some form or another about 10 hours a week. It is hands-down the best, most extensive and complete WWII sim ever developed and I will "go to war" so to speak for IL2 as well...but this is a different program despite the similarities in name...be sure.

I'm just not as skeptical, perhaps out of my own personal longing for a decent flight simulation experience on the xbox. I too have played Il-2 since the beginning (the box is still on my book shelf), I've had various MS Flight Simulators and all the multitude of ad-ons one must acquire to make it even more ' as real as it gets', and then the day came when I threw my hands in the air and refused to upgrade my old PC in order to get decent FPS.

With this new version I expect the game to be 'dumbed down' to an extent but I'm willing to forgo that in exchange for a game half as good as the original.

Douglas Bader
05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Congratulations Anton, well done.

They also should have awards for eagerly waiting flightsim addicts....:grin: