PDA

View Full Version : Found new screens, the best so far!

Buggins
05-15-2009, 12:34 PM
There are some stunners in here guys. This game is just too good to be true.

http://www.playfrance.com/image9595-ps3-il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey.html

Cilck on image suivante › to scroll through the pics.

Enjoy! Cockpits are jaw-dropping.

GabeFan
05-15-2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks SO much Buggins!!! Great find!

Screens look amazing......

achillies_ny
05-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Awesome Thanks! Looks amazing

Raw Kryptonite
05-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Are these in-game, or "game engine" shots? I see a couple have the flight info in the upper left, but most don't. The ones that do seem like in-game really look nice.

xNikex
05-15-2009, 08:20 PM
Good Find!

The planes are beautiful. Pilots remind me of the original.

I also like the burns by the machine guns.

trk29
05-16-2009, 12:46 AM
Good Find!

The planes are beautiful. Pilots remind me of the original.

I also like the burns by the machine guns.

Holy Sh*t!! The only word that can describe that is AWESOME.:-P

That P-51 is stellar.

Kartman013
05-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Dear-god, those screen shots are drop dead gorgeous.... how can this be an Xbox 360 game?

Edit: Looking at them again I am drooling over each one of them.

Tomo
05-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Stunning images for sure.

If i'm not mistaken these are the first images listed as coming from the PS3? Most screens have been 360 so far yes?

There's no way though that they are ingame un-doctored images. If they were it would represent a generational change which the 360 and PS3 are just not capable of.

TofuStoreDrift
05-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Great find, but these sceen shots just make me more anxious.

philip.ed
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Great find :grin:

philip.ed
05-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Holy Sh*t!! The only word that can describe that is AWESOME.:-P

That P-51 is stellar.

LOL-that P-51 caught my attention aswell.

The only quandry I have so far with what I've seen with the game is that they seem to be using the hurricane mark 2B model for the battle of britain, but surely they should have used a mark 1? I'd like to see more pictures of the RAF BoB planes in game;) hint...hint

GabeFan
05-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I just grabbed the Spitfire to use as my background screen!!!

This game is going to be the best EVER!!!!!

Smudgyboy
05-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Thanks they look good on my imac, can't wait the the game to come to the PS3

Biggs
05-23-2009, 05:39 PM
im still really confused about the spitfire pics ive seen so far... the dev team seems to have it mixed up...

they have the short nose, outter windshield armor and carburetor of the mkV but the rudder and six individual exhaust stacks (per side) of the later mkIX and the late mkV/mkIX universal "c" wing.

they seem to have made a mix'n-match spitfire...

what gives?:confused:

RomBinDaHouse
06-27-2009, 01:49 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3167999&sec=IMAGES new 13 screenshots (as i can see)

also:
new preview from 1up http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3174970&p=4&sec=PREVIEWS

booterboy
06-27-2009, 05:16 PM
good stuff buggins,
could be a defining moment for console games.
fingers crossed

GabeFan
06-27-2009, 05:48 PM
could be a defining moment for console games...

Yes..I agree. Also... look at racing games like Gran Turismo and Forza for instance. These sim-like games seems to be more popular than arcadey games, so hopefully the flight games for consoles head in this direction too...

jt_medina
06-27-2009, 07:09 PM
I don´t like too much the control configuration.

Marchochias
06-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Stunning images for sure.

If i'm not mistaken these are the first images listed as coming from the PS3? Most screens have been 360 so far yes?

There's no way though that they are ingame un-doctored images. If they were it would represent a generational change which the 360 and PS3 are just not capable of.

Never undersestimate what skilled developers can do with optimization once they learn how to really use a console later in its lifetime.

Remember, Microsoft just said the 360 isn't getting replaced until 2015. By 2015, imagine how good the games on it will look. The first generation 360 games like Perfect Dark Zero and Call of Duty 2 don't even look like they are on the same console as newer games like Far Cry 2, Modern Warfare 2, etc.

Raw Kryptonite
06-27-2009, 08:09 PM
It may not be "replaced" but I expect it to start popping up with "upgraded" units in a couple of years.

Marchochias
06-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes..I agree. Also... look at racing games like Gran Turismo and Forza for instance. These sim-like games seems to be more popular than arcadey games, so hopefully the flight games for consoles head in this direction too...

Far more popular. Forza 2 crushed the arcade racers like PGR and all of those random cash-in ones that get released every year.

IL-2 BOP may not be well known to the market right now, but word of mouth from a great demo is all it needs.

At the end of the day, most people love aircraft and the concept of flying. Sure, they might not love it as much as we do, but most people find something about it fascinating. If IL-2 has great controls, it looks fantastic, there's no reason why people wouldn't really like it.

trk29
06-28-2009, 01:19 AM
I like the blur effect looks goodhttp://www.1up.com/media?id=3730666&type=lg

mcgee1516
06-28-2009, 07:03 AM
Kind of off topic, but I just now saw the newest trailer and I am in complete awe. I mean, it doesn't get much more epic than at point 1:06 with the two spits chasing down the 109...the music is perfectly timed for that particular part....so awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGWr-lP20VQ

Spitfire23
06-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Kind of off topic, but I just now saw the newest trailer and I am in complete awe. I mean, it doesn't get much more epic than at point 1:06 with the two spits chasing down the 109...the music is perfectly timed for that particular part....so awesome

Yes that part of the trailer is somwhat special, but i cant help but notice the *Coming Soon* at the end of it,

Gets me upbeat everytime :)

Mr_V
06-28-2009, 08:56 PM
(Sorry to reply to an old post in a bumped thread.)

This was my initial reaction as well. In fact, I was pretty certain the screens were from PC-based development kit (which they still may be, given that the native resolution is a fair bit higher than the rendering buffer on either Xbox 360 or PS3 is likely to be).

But then I sat down with a friend who is the CGI VFX guy for a TV ad production company, and he talked me through what a modern FPS has to do in order to look as good as it does (using Killzone 2 as an example), and how relatively little work a flight sim 3D engine has to do by comparison.

In fact, in his opinion as something of a 3D programming guru, a flight sim developed to utilise modern console hardware properly should look at least as good as the released BoP screenshots. Sure, it's a "generational leap" over anything we've flown before, but ask yourself this: When last has a sim been developed (on any platform) to push modern graphics hardware to the limit? It's been… quite a while, eh?

Go and play a bout of Killzone 2 or Gears of War 2 (depending on your console of choice), looking carefully at what goes on on-screen. And then look at the IL-2 screens again. You should see what my friend meant: Yep, it should indeed look as good as all that.