PDA

View Full Version : Sound of Silence

Douglas Bader
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello Guys, Anton,

I don't post very often here, but I still follow the news anxiously. Only problem is....there is no news. You used to answer regularly Anton, to us WWII flightsim adicts, which made you quite popular. So please, break radio silence and fill up the gaps.

If a man with no legs can do this, so can you.....:-)

Bader

Kartman013
05-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Well personally I am delighted to hear that the game is out of Beta stage, this is huge. Anton only said this on Sunday http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7462

This means we will start to hear a lot of information very soon. I'm especially pleased as so many games and game studios have been effected by the economic disaster.

TofuStoreDrift
05-13-2009, 04:04 AM
I assume he is on a hush-hush restriction, I mean like he said, the website is complete but 505 won't release it.

Raw Kryptonite
05-13-2009, 04:43 AM
IMO, just another reason E3 *sucks*.
Too many publishers center their year around it. They wait until then to make any big announcements, which pushes back any game releases so they all come out at THE SAME TIME and no one does well but the biggest releases. Also causes us to wait for game info after about Dec, since they want to save all the info for a big E3 presence.

I'll be waiting for game info during E3 like everyone else, but I really don't like those shows. They screw up gaming for us more than promoting it. I hate all the game releases that come out in the Fall, when I need to tie my money up in holidays and such rather than spending selfishly on myself.

If there were no big game conventions, somehow I think we'd be playing IL2 already and possibly seeing fewer homogenized, cookie cutter games like we do now.

trk29
05-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Too many publishers center their year around it. They wait until then to make any big announcements, which pushes back any game releases so they all come out at THE SAME TIME and no one does well but the biggest releases. Also causes us to wait for game info after about Dec, since they want to save all the info for a big E3 presence.

I'll be waiting for game info during E3 like everyone else, but I really don't like those shows. They screw up gaming for us more than promoting it. I hate all the game releases that come out in the Fall, when I need to tie my money up in holidays and such rather than spending selfishly on myself.

If there were no big game conventions, somehow I think we'd be playing IL2 already and possibly seeing fewer homogenized, cookie cutter games like we do now.

here here!

Tomo
05-13-2009, 06:11 AM
Yup, I couldn't agree more.

Saving it for E3 is a stupid decision. The game will get buried amongst the hype of games that better appeal to the a.d.d teenage generation.

The last few months have been very quiet re: game releases. This would have been the perfect time to get BoP out.

As for holding back the release of a promotional website.... that goes beyond stupidity.

I think 505 must have had some kind of clause in a contract that forced Gaijin to use them as publisher.

Buggins
05-13-2009, 09:04 AM

I agree. 505 have registered for E3 so you're probably right.

TofuStoreDrift
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Looks like E3 might actually be good this year. With BoP and a most likely showing of GT5, I can't wait.:-P It is a bummer though, having game producers wait till these big gaming conventions just to show who has the best game.:rolleyes: