PDA

View Full Version : If you could pick..

Jimatay
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
ONE thing that BOP would definitely have in it, what would it be?

I'd choose, the De Havilland Mosquito along with its Merlin engine sound!

peterdegrotere
05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
i love all planes hope for a replay option

JsRacingS2k
05-12-2009, 04:16 PM
P-38 Lightning

philip.ed
05-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Early Hurricane Mark 1-not the later 2B variant.

But...a Spitfire Mark 1 would be lovely ;)

DH1979
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
parachutes, & and a spear pair of underpants

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Fully modelled interior of b17 for all the positions and the ability to switch spots even to roam it
mainly for
CO-OP Play in a single b17 Bomber

TofuStoreDrift
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Fully modelled interior of b17 for all the positions and the ability to switch spots even to roam it
mainly for
CO-OP Play in a single b17 Bomber

You do know, as Anton has already mentioned, thats not going to happen this time. Although, I wish it would.

guiltyspark
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
You do know, as Anton has already mentioned, thats not going to happen this time. Although, I wish it would.

to be completely honest ......

The b17 is such a legend that putting it in the game with limited capability would be a dis service to the plane

We need a remake of B17:the mighty 8th with this engine

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I just got a Gordon Cooper haircut lol, its not as long though.

The topic is clearly for wishful thinking, I don't think any heavy bombers are even going to be flyable. Really besides the B17, what else was do the heavy bombing, I know the B25 but they are listed as a medium bomber (not much difference really in there execution of the mission, I think, never read into it much) what did the RAF use? didn't they use b25s aswell? and the germans never got a heavy bomber into action really, infact they never conducted bombing raids (Probably to busy trying to fight the Sov and Raf/US LOL) they have medium 111 and stukas for more surgical stikes, quick and decisive, good for frontline operations, but you have to take the ground eventually to rebuild, they never got the chance, they got western europe, then right after that, they go into a longer war, mostly a war of attriation (never good for winning, look at the US in vietnam, we lost because of attriation warfare (that and politcal issues at home, no support for the war)

Anyway sorry for the ramble, I say no heavy bombers because the name itself "Birds of Prey" clearly this game is leaning towards our Fighter Role planes, thankfully every ww2 player doubled as a bomber/fighter so now I can re enact the last scene to private ryan! They probably have private ryan mission already from the org IL i bet someone made, be easy, just got to hit one tank by a bridge!

Jimatay
05-12-2009, 08:07 PM
to be completely honest ......

The b17 is such a legend that putting it in the game with limited capability would be a dis service to the plane

We need a remake of B17:the mighty 8th with this engine

F*** yes! I had and loved that game! Only thing wrong with it (for the time) was my crew would suddenly get hit when theres nothing about :confused: Even sometimes when landing!

JsRacingS2k
05-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Did anyone ever play this game? It was awesome.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/358/B-17+Flying+Fortress.html

http://www.abandonia.com/files/games/358/B-17%20Flying%20Fortress_1.png

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Ah a microprose game, they used to be the name for games.
I never seen this one, but i was only 8 in 92, and we had no pc yet,
I heard of that other b17 game, but my pc at the time was lacking (only could play janes games on it like usnf)

this one looks so cool though, really immersive with those menus. i wish i could emu this on the ps3 right now LOL

actually in 1992 i did play PTO (pacific theater of operations) a Turnbased strat game of fleets (japan vs usa) really cool, u form packs of ships over different parts and you call the shots!! i guess its like those new battlestation games

Kartman013
05-13-2009, 01:47 AM
I hope we have the ability to have a some-what realistic start up. I am praying that take off and landings are a part of at least some of the missions.

I am also hoping for a comfortable and easy means of viewing the sky and ground from within the cockpit.

I just hope it looks and feels as good as the previews have shown.

Tomo
05-13-2009, 02:55 AM
Anton has said that some missions feature t/o and landing. Not all though.

I'd expect Battle of Britain to feature take off's for sure.

JsRacingS2k
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Some of my favorite classic PC games...

http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/screenshots/full/b-17_flying_fortress_01.png
B-17 Flying Fortress

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/b/b8/Aces_of_the_Pacific_Coverart.png
Aces of the Pacific

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Assets/thumbs/AcesOverEurope-c.png
Aces over Europe

http://waterholes.com/%7Edennette/models/fltsims/swotl/_swotl_.jpg
Secert Weapons of the Luftwaffe

xNikex
05-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Darn, all of the good ones taken...P-38, B-17, parachutes....:?

I would want......dang I can't think of any. My fighter was the P-38 and my bomber was the B-17.;)

I want good skins and clan support.

OntheCrab
05-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Wow.

Those were some amazing games. I remember trying to make a boot disk to bump up my conventional memory just so I could play Aces over Europe on my 486 for effs sakes!

That game was the shit.

This one still might be my favorite...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/07/EuropeanAirWarBox.jpg/256px-EuropeanAirWarBox.jpg

It took the best elements of AoE - the dynamic campaign, historical detail and endless replayability - and improved the graphics and had incredible sound. Best sounding engines i've ever heard and the voice chatter was actually really well done. It was like you we're playing the movie 'Battle of Britain'. Thick accents and stiff upper lips. Classic.
Takeoffs were a blast! Roaring engines, a dozen squadmates rolling down the strip. Little touches too; when you blew out a bandit's engine you could see the prop creak to stop as you whizzed by. Gold.

I feel like a dynamic campaign never fit the design scope of console flight games, but they were the norm for deep PC titles of the day - surely though, along with multiplayer, its an option that keeps gamers going for YEARS imo.

Especially with a period sim like the WWII flight genre, the immersion level of a dynamic pilot career mode as opposed to set-piece missions is much much deeper, and with the engine and eye candy i see from BoP I can only imagine what kind of game we could see. Put it in the sequel maybe, heh.

Bottom line, i'm pumped.

OntheCrab
05-14-2009, 05:20 AM
Oh yeah. Long story short I would want a dynamic campaign mode.

I hope thats clear enough. :cool:

TofuStoreDrift
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
Oh yeah. Long story short I would want a dynamic campaign mode.

I hope thats clear enough. :cool:

Dynamic as in how?:cool:

OntheCrab
05-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Its like a pilot career mode where you pick your name, join a squadron and play randomly generated missions that follow the historical timeline of the war.

The missions would adhere to the tactics, plane types and situations of the different fronts. Like for example the Battle of Britain on the English side you'd get a lot of bomber intercept sorties which by September of '40 would end up over London.

Seriously fun way to play. And if famous battle dates come up, let's say D-Day for example, it would switch to a scripted type single mission that would stick to history and be a little bigger in scope because it would be a famous event.

It sounds like BoP will feature the single mission type structure which is okay, but the most fun and immersive way to play a WWII flight sim is the dynamic way.

BoP will be like the Call of Duty style - a mixed bag with different locales and characters in a bunch of cool missions.

xNikex
05-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Its like a pilot career mode where you pick your name, join a squadron and play randomly generated missions that follow the historical timeline of the war.

The missions would adhere to the tactics, plane types and situations of the different fronts. Like for example the Battle of Britain on the English side you'd get a lot of bomber intercept sorties which by September of '40 would end up over London.

Seriously fun way to play. And if famous battle dates come up, let's say D-Day for example, it would switch to a scripted type single mission that would stick to history and be a little bigger in scope because it would be a famous event.

It sounds like BoP will feature the single mission type structure which is okay, but the most fun and immersive way to play a WWII flight sim is the dynamic way.

BoP will be like the Call of Duty style - a mixed bag with different locales and characters in a bunch of cool missions.

I heard one of the players you play in one of the campaigns will die since it's war and not everybody lives.

Jimatay
05-21-2009, 12:00 AM

...oh dear.... :(

The_Goalie_94
05-21-2009, 01:07 AM
If i were to have one thing in the game. A multi-player game with a realistic WWII objective. Like, lets say you can have forty people play at one time. Have twenty on one team, twenty on the other. The other teams objective is to get at least 50,000 puonds of bombs on the target. Depending on what the host pics, it can onlt be bombers of that specific battle and not just a bunch of people flying in every aircraft possible. While the other team has to try and stop this. GET IT.

Mefna
05-29-2009, 01:03 AM
I would want the "Quick Mission Builder" to be in BoP like in the other IL2 games

The_Goalie_94
05-29-2009, 02:40 AM
The ability to crash land every were, bail out, guns jamming, etc;

Also the ability to land and take off on aircraft carrier or anywere. Well, you get the point.