PDA

View Full Version : Also a new guy

Jimatay
05-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi guys and gals

Thought id sign up to this forum as i share the enthusiasm for this game. Only found out about BOP yesterday (can't even remember how) and it's fair to say it got my attention. I haven't played any of the other IL-2 games but have been a fan of other flight SIMS since i was a kid (funny as my biggest fear is flying :confused:) Anyway, ive longed for a ww2 flight sim to come out on console since my pc is naff and i miss playing them.
I've been looking at comments made on this forum and other websites such as IGN etc, and noticed most if not all the people that were commenting wanted this game to be more a simulation than the usual arcade flight shooter. So technically for this game to appeal to the masses, it needs to go down that route, yes? (Im glad to say, it seems to be) Hmmm i'm rambling so i'll end on a few questions i have that A: might have been asked before (sorry if they have) and B: not be able to answer yet.

1) Is there any plans/ideas for add on packs? New planes and missions etc (keen aren't i? the games not even out yet!!)

2) Regarding engine sounds, will the game have the proper sound for the proper engine? EG the Spitfire having the merlin engine sound.

TofuStoreDrift
05-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry, a late Welcome to you. regarding your first question, remember, it is a console game, and we know how console games love the DLC. As for your second question, they said they want the planes to be historically accurate, so I would assume they would have accurate sounds. But of-course you know what happens when you assume, you make an *** out of U and me. Hope you enjoy your stay here, because God knows this place could use more life.:-P

Jimatay
05-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm sure when the game gets more publicity more people will join up here. Like i said i just randomly came across the game, i knew NOTHING about it till this week!

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey, other new guy here lol

In regard to your sound question, you would have to direct that to Anton. But I would suspect they are going to reuse the sounds in IL-2, meaning no merlin. If you read Oleg Maddox's posts in the IL-2 room, they simply thought the sounds were right one (not exact for each specific engine) they did the job though he says (i would adgree the game is legend) meaning they let you know when your engine is messed up, or about to give up.
People did make mods for IL2 with exact sounds for each engine but they used copyrighted material, meaning 1C or Gaijin in this case, and with a unsure success yet for this game, i doubt they went into detail with engines, i mean they didn't even model the gun station interiors for certain bombers (evident in a BoP video demo, also anton stated this) but I'm sure if this game is a success (i think worldwide sales close to a million is easy for this game, and those are very high numbers really, when compared to mega collisal hits (halo,mgs, sell 8 million copies, mainly due to ADVERTISING AND HYPE....(looking at 505) anyway though, again this falls into the swastika category, not game breaking but a little detail that would have been nice.
But here's what we do know, and its awesome so far
Awesome graphics!
IL-2 orginal flight model is used in this game !!!!
Arcade or Sim mode!
50+ missions, involving all the great air battles
Online mode (anton said its 16p, some sites listed it as only 8p max, i think anton is right...)
online to include deathmatch, tdm, capture the airbase, and bombing run? (last one i need to check on again from some site that mentioned it.
I do believe landing will be involved in some missions, though i don't think every mission is going to start on the ground, some may, hopefully the single missions (not the campaign) will invole take off and landing, Anton said Single missions will have more the OLD IL-2 feel and atmosphere....take that for whatever
I've seen screenshots with chutes in the air (not paratroops either) so I assume ejecting is in. I think one of the demo videos (on a xbox sku) shows a plane starting off with its wheels down, then the person finally figures out how to raise them (he never played it before that iwould say, but it did enjoy it, that was a year ago......

Jimatay
05-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Thats all fine with me. Just gotta play the waiting game now :(

Oh, i read somewhere that the air battles sometimes contain "hundereds of planes" is this true?

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
From what I read and can recall, they more talked about how the engine can handle up too a 100 indepently AI controlled planes, maybe not all completely onscreen at once, might slow the game down, they probably show waves of 30 or upwards, then replace them as they get shot down to maintain the illusion, I dont know, i am guessing, I just want to be in the beta so I can own people online when it ships lol, but guess what, Anton said no beta. i hope the online code is good, lag in a flying game is worse then in a fps

Jimatay
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Lag in any game is a no no for me. A right off putter. Id rather they tone the graphics down to keep the speed.