PDA

View Full Version : anton how is development going so far?

guiltyspark
05-09-2009, 11:31 PM
any updates on the game or site?

trk29
05-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Evidently things aren't going as smooth as they hoped for look at this post from December. I'm just being patient. They are going to tell us when they are ready. I have questions upon questions, but there is no use in asking until he can answer the million questions we already asked him.

Anton Yudintsev
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It won't be released in Q1 anywhere.
The game will be ready in Q1-Q2 (different platforms).
But, of course, there are also platformholder's approves, manufacturing, etc/
Console games need _at least_ one month (realistically - two) prior actual release after RC1.

Guys, exact date will be announce as soon as we've got BETA version for Xbox360. And it will be soon."

Stanrosquain
05-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Evidently things aren't going as smooth as they hoped for look at this post from December. I'm just being patient. They are going to tell us when they are ready. I have questions upon questions, but there is no use in asking until he can answer the million questions we already asked him.

Anton Yudintsev
Senior Member Join Date: Jun 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It won't be released in Q1 anywhere.
The game will be ready in Q1-Q2 (different platforms).
But, of course, there are also platformholder's approves, manufacturing, etc/
Console games need _at least_ one month (realistically - two) prior actual release after RC1.

Guys, exact date will be announce as soon as we've got BETA version for Xbox360. And it will be soon."

When did this Anton's message was posted please?

trk29
05-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Page 4 In main thread of IL-2 BOP. December 8 2008

Anton Yudintsev
05-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Guys, game passed Beta stage for both PS3 and Xbox360.
We are now preparing submission schedule.
So we are on time.

Site was going to be launched already, but publisher is waiting (don't know exactly, why).
But it is ready also.

guiltyspark
05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
So we are on time.

Site was going to be launched already, but publisher is waiting (don't know exactly, why).
But it is ready also.
e3 im guessing?

DH1979
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
So we are on time.

But it is ready also.

well some good news at last cheers anton. will there be a PSN demo?

GabeFan
05-10-2009, 03:15 PM
So we are on time.

But it is ready also.

Thanks for the update Anton!! We all really appreciate it....

Kartman013
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
So we are on time.

But it is ready also.

This is wonderful news~ I can't tell you how happy I am :grin:

Jimatay
05-10-2009, 11:41 PM
It seems that the development is sticking to their word and keeping with the flight sim rather than arcade, which is great!!
I was terribley disappointed with "Brothers In Arms (Hells Highway)" for changing the game to "appeal to the masses." That was going to be a tactical army sim like game before changing into another COD. Lets hope that this doesnt happen with BOP.

trk29
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
So we are on time.

But it is ready also.

Thansk for the update Anton!:-P

Hurry up and get here E3:-)

trk29
05-11-2009, 12:04 AM
well some good news at last cheers anton. will there be a PSN demo?

Hopefully! Anton said there would be a demo.

Kartman013
05-11-2009, 12:38 AM

Microsoft are going to want to make this game appeal to as many people as possible so I'd say a demo is very likely.

Tomo
05-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Hmmm demo's are always a risky business. Just ask Eidos regarding their Battlestations series. Both demo's were a disaster for them (for different reasons).

Personally, i already know i am going to buy BoP so i hope they focus on getting it released as soon as possible instead of spending time on a demo.

XBL marketplace videos are ESSENTIAL (and the PS3 equivalent, i think it is called HOME?)

Kartman013
05-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Hmmm demo's are always a risky business. Just ask Eidos regarding their Battlestations series. Both demo's were a disaster for them (for different reasons).

Why was Battlestations Pacific's demo a disaster? I'm going to buy the game on the strength of the demo (to tied me over until IL-2);)

Tomo
05-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Why was Battlestations Pacific's demo a disaster? I'm going to buy the game on the strength of the demo (to tied me over until IL-2);)

Most fans of the original Battlestations: Midway have been put off by the "arcadey" feel of Pacific. Keep in mind this is based on the official forums and is by no means an accurate market sample.

My concern for BoP is that the demo would have a low sale conversion rate. A lot of people could download the demo just to see the awesome graphics/environments but then not bother with the full game. It's a fine line to tread that's for sure.

OntheCrab
05-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Hmmm i agree about BSP.

That demo was a huge letdown. They totally blew it....the planes control like shopping carts. There's lots of explosions but I don't feel like i'm damaging anything - strange to say I know but I can't put my finger on why it sucks.

On the first Battlestations the ship to ship fighting was the best part, but they ruined it - too much visual noise, ugly unnecessary huds (like, I'll know if I hit the magazine, trust me!...i don't need a bubble to help me). Sigh, very arcadey.

BoP.... I just want to fly beautiful planes that handle like planes.
Man, I am damn excited for this one.

XBL Vids have gotta happen.

DH1979
05-11-2009, 06:26 PM

i hope so too, but the thing is with PSN demos publisher have to pay sony a percentage towards bandwidth, all depends on file size.

Raw Kryptonite
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I prefer the controls on the first one.
The demo was ok, but as usual not a game seller. I was already sold though. Demos are just too limited to be the only reason to not buy a game. This one was VERY limited. I liked the "below decks" feel of the damage management on the original, and the visual of distributing hands around the ship more than this radial system. I still expect this to be a great game and some better gaming options as well. I really want to get my hands on a battleship.
I play this more as an RTS, I don't micro manage taking control of all the planes. I prefer to man the guns on the ship. As a flight game, it would be disappointing, but as an RTS with lots of playing options, this should still be a very good game.

xNikex
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
So we are on time.

But it is ready also.

It's good to hear from you again Anton and good news as well.:)

The wait for the website launch is killing me.

trk29
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't know why they are waiting. 505 is one of the publishers for Arma 2 and it's website has been up for a while now with no date on release. Or if it is even coming to consoles.

http://www.arma2.com/