PDA

View Full Version : About mass spells

Pyros_IT
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi, I'm on my first play through with a mage and I'm only lvl 12. So far from the schools of magic I was only interested in upgrading chaos magic, since I would only upgrade the others if lvl 3 spells would mean mass haste, mass bless etc.

Question is: are they? or are there different spells altogether called mass whatever?

tks

Stepsongrapes
05-07-2009, 12:53 AM
It is level that determines whether spells are "mass" or not. Not all spells become mass.

Check here: http://www.gamebanshee.com/kingsbountythelegend/spellschaos.php

Pyros_IT
05-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Ah, thanks Stepsongrapes, didn't know that page. Extremely helpful.

Razorflame
05-07-2009, 10:04 AM
getting chaos to level 3 first is bad
but then again assume you ain't playing on impossible

distorion is better(slow/trap own in beginning)

Vilk
05-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Trap doesn't need to be level 3, its point is to stop enemy unit movement. Slow is also already quite good at level 2, it doesn't really need to be level 3.

Each school has good points for going to level 3:

Chaos is cool level 3 to get mass weakness, doom level 3 (target level 4), Sheep level 3 (target level 4), Necro Call level 3, and sacrifice level 3.
Distortion is cool level 3 to get mass Magic Shackles, Phantom level 3, Hypnosis level 3 and mass Haste if you want use it.
Order is cool level 3 to get Mass bless, Resurrection level 3 (target level 4), Mass Battle cry, Gift level 3 (target level 5), Helplessness level 3, eventually mass demon and dragon slayer.

In impossible mode and if you try to do a record that changes a lot the game, I'm trying play this mode but I don't know which one I would prefer.

Without an attempt to try a record so no time pressure the decision is tough. If I need choose only one the choice is difficult:

I'd be tempted to go Distortion level 3 just to get Mass Magic Shackles.
But on another way Order level 3 for level 3 for Resurrection, mass bless, mass battle cry and even Gift level 3 is very tempting.
Chaos level 3 is less tempting for me but still is just because of Sacrifice and Sheep level 3.

Razorflame
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
your forgetting about fear(which is alot cheaper than sheep)

furthermore i would advice u to get distortion to level 3 ASAP(you can block enemy movement very nice trap is godlike on level 3 is does like 2k damage with poison

slow is also very nice :>