PDA

View Full Version : Camera Mod (not in Battle Camera)

cabal2k
05-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Hello,

i'm new here and have one question for the start :)

Is a mod available to zoom the Standard Camera more out? I found the Camera on the map is not far away enough, so is there a mod available?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm german. Whats brings me to another question: The Interface mods are although compatible to german version of KB or only for the english one?

Thanks in advance
C2k

P.S. Can't wait for the Addon :)

Keneth
05-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Click here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=51095&postcount=1), scroll down, download the last mod (increased camera range). As far as mods are concerned, unless stated otherwise, they only work on english installations. You could compensate by renaming language files from eng_ (or en_) to de_ (or ger_, I'm not sure how german language files are named), that should allow english mods to display properly but they'll still be in english (unless you also open the language files and translate them). HTH :)

cabal2k
05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for your help Keneth, the camera mod works fine :)

But i have one more question.

How do i open the files and translate them by myself? I don't find something at google to edit kfs files....

Greets
C2k

Keneth
05-07-2009, 10:49 AM
KFS files are regular ZIP files which you can open with any archiver like WinRAR or 7-Zip, inside you'll find all the files the mod includes. You will want to look at the LNG files which are standard TXT files (open with notepad or wordpad).

Language files are mostly composed like this:
label=^formatting^text[entity]

To translate the files, you will need to change all the text inside them (leave labels, formatting, and entities alone), then save and zip them back into the KFS archive. If you feel that it's too much to handle, it might be best to simply change the eng_ prefix to whatever fits your locale (which you will need to do anyway if you want them to work).

cabal2k
05-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks again Keneth, all works fine now.

The string for german is "de", if anyone want to know it :)

Pug of Stardock
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I too felt the adventure mode camera was too close to the character so I loaded the Camera Mod and it works fine. However, I now have noticed that when I enter the Gremlin castle (the tiny castle you can buy and enter for fights and Exp etc), the camera resets to a closer view. That would be OK because the castle is tiny after all. The problem I have encountered is that the camera does not revert back to the more versatile Camera Mod after exiting the castle. That is, Camera Mod no longer works if you use the Gremlin castle.

I was wondering if others have noticed this behavior and if the genius (and you are) that created Camera Mod might consider fixing this, if possible. I have not tried reloading or re-installing Camera Mod after using the Gremlin castle. I will try that tonight.