PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in creating a online ps3 virtual wing?

achillies_ny
05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
my psn ID is achillies_ny

trk29
05-05-2009, 08:31 PM
I would be interested in being in the wing. Buy I have not time for creation. I am in a virtual wing for Tom Clancy's hawx and nobody ever does anything? It's kinda depressing.

danjama
05-06-2009, 01:14 PM
when is BOP out?

I'm interested!

trk29
05-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Nobody knows yet.:confused:

danjama
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
No biggie im still loving il2 online, cant wait for BOP looks promising!

JsRacingS2k
05-06-2009, 09:47 PM
What exactly is a virtual wing? Like a team or clan?

trk29
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
What exactly is a virtual wing? Like a team or clan?

Yeah! Pretty cool if you like to do some formation flying.

The_Goalie_94
05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah! Pretty cool if you like to do some formation flying.

Really. Thats what i want to do in IL-2 STURMOVIK: Birds of Prey. I am working on trying to start one hear in a few minutes. The name, well, lets try something realistic.

NOT DEATH-KNIGHTS LOL!

trk29
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Really. Thats what i want to do in IL-2 STURMOVIK: Birds of Prey. I am working on trying to start one hear in a few minutes. The name, well, lets try something realistic.

NOT DEATH-KNIGHTS LOL!

Death Knights is the name of the clan I am in on HAWX.

I know who this is. Whats up Speedy Red.

Make sure you get the game if your going to start a clan. :)

danjama
05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
I think a historic name would be cool, like a famous fighter group or something...

i like 4thFG, 352ndFG, III/JG2, JG54 (green hearts), 302sqn, 100BG etc....

The_Goalie_94
05-08-2009, 01:48 AM
Death Knights is the name of the clan I am in on HAWX.

I know who this is. Whats up Speedy Red.

Make sure you get the game if your going to start a clan. :)

I am for sure getting this game!

trk29
05-08-2009, 02:44 AM
Did you ever play the original?

danjama
05-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I've been playing il2 since original demo in 2001, and still fly daily online on hyperlobby. It's the only game i have spent as much time with. I can't even begin to count how many hours or days that is.

The_Goalie_94
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM

Yes, best game ever. I don't have it, but i played it at my friends house. ITS AMAZING!!!!!

Kartman013
05-09-2009, 12:40 AM

I just dusted off the original box to study the flight manual again!

trk29
05-09-2009, 05:55 AM
I still have it but I can't play it. I have a apple now and I don't want to risk infecting it by putting windows on my machine and running it under boot camp. So BOP coming to consoles is just the thing I've been waiting for.

TofuStoreDrift
05-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Formation flying interests me but, I was wondering if it would be possible. With no co-op mode, and no mission creator, could you fly together without being shot by a player thats not associated with the squadron? I mean sure, you could fill up both side's rosters with the same squadron, but then you would not be able to communicate with all the members. I have never formation flyed before but you would think communication is key.

achillies_ny
05-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I'm sure you can launch a game with just the people you want to fly with, maybe they might add password protected games.

I never played a online game were I was stuck playing with people I didn't want too, atleast on a current gen console game, they are pretty good about that.

But formation flying would be really for when your bored, i have no real interest in it unless its a Delta Formation headed towards the enemy.

I would also like to the try the Stack Up formation on the enemy, basically we would line up in a straight line, and as we get in gun range of the enemy, we target 1 and the plane in front shoots a few then hard left or right for the guy behind too take his turn and etc etc.

Don't get so nervous guys, also I cant decide on a clan name still, I really don't want to go with a real squadron, rather just make up something. Like... JG420 lol

Either way, no one has contacted me on PSN cept 1
PSN ID : achillies_ny

TofuStoreDrift
05-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I see what you mean. I was referring to air show style flights, which I still think would be impossible. Just because you can password the entries, doesn't mean every one can be on the same team. Most games don't allow you to launch without having two teams. Most games don't allow communication between both teams I never played a online game were I was stuck playing with people I didn't want too, atleast on a current gen console game, they are pretty good about that.You never played GT5 Prologue, have you. That was a just a joke, don't get get upset.:-P