PDA

View Full Version : Anton will this game have V-sync ?

guiltyspark
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I just started playing Battlestations pacific and one thing i noticed was how garbage it looked when there was screen tearing

I hopped on the computer and downloaded the demo and set it to 720p and turned vsync on and it was smooth as silk

Please tell me that this game will feature V-sync or at least give us the option!!

virre89
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
I just started playing Battlestations pacific and one thing i noticed was how garbage it looked when there was screen tearing

I hopped on the computer and downloaded the demo and set it to 720p and turned vsync on and it was smooth as silk

Please tell me that this game will feature V-sync or at least give us the option!!

Battlestations Pacific :S?
That game ain't out yet right..

guiltyspark
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Battlestations Pacific :S?
That game ain't out yet right..

there is a demo out for xbox live and pc

xNikex
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I played it and did not like it at all. It has a cockpit but you can't move your head around and you control the plane with the right stick. All the conrols were impossible to change to my liking and I always found myself accidentally letting up on the throttle and stalling out, so I killed all my friends in anger.

guiltyspark
05-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I played it and did not like it at all. It has a cockpit but you can't move your head around and you control the plane with the right stick. All the conrols were impossible to change to my liking and I always found myself accidentally letting up on the throttle and stalling out, so I killed all my friends in anger.

you are supposed to control the planes with the right stick .....

thats how its always been

Tomo
05-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I was hoping to like the demo too.

Unfotunately I don't. It's worse than midway. Very arcade.

The lack of v-sync makes me feel very unwell after about 10 mins of playing.

xNikex
05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
you are supposed to control the planes with the right stick .....

thats how its always been

I have Xbox and most flight games are left stick. (with game pad)

I am right handed to flight stick though.

Buggins
05-01-2009, 11:01 PM

Go to menu, control options and change movement to right stick and invert y axis for plane control. And you can move your head by holding the right bumper and moving the stick. When you look down the cockpit looks great, but no working dials ruined it for me.

xNikex
05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Well I knew I could customize controls but still didnt like it.

But whatever. It was still arcady. I was at least expecting some thrills but didnt. I do take back what I said about some of the things; I must have accidentally skipped some instructions. I guess the air combat of ArmA2 will fill the gap instead.:cool:

I did however appreciate the fact you could control the throttle and get a little 'afterburner'. That was a good change in things.:) And when you are near someone who crashes into the water it splashes on the canopy. LoL

guiltyspark
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
can you answer this anton

JsRacingS2k
05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
can you answer this anton

Can you give him some time?

guiltyspark
05-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Can you give him some time?

he was on today and yesterday , i dont see why he cant answer it quickly

Raw Kryptonite
05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
a)Because he has a job other than answering your questions and for all that we put together it would take some time to type out answers

b)At times like this, permission for which questions can be answered usually has to be obtained.

c)To get permission, someone else has to read the questions.

d)THAT person has an actual job too, other than answering your questions.

e)They can't release info that may have been promised to a website/magazine to break

f)Maybe they want to save certain things for E3?

g)Anton asked that all questions be kept in the forum interview thread so it would be easier to keep up with. Everyone making new threads for any little thing that enters their mind is a waste of time.

Who knows what the reasons are? We don't know all that's involved is my point.
It would be nice to learn what we can about the game, but don't act like everything revolves around this forum.
BTW, we learned a lot more around here before the incessant questioning and impatience started.

As for v-sync, not many games have it. Don't expect it. You may want to look to your tv as well. With console games, the issue is often the tv, not the game, if you notice a lot of problems.

guiltyspark
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
he has given us tons of info so far , i dont understand why this one would threaten any NDA's or anything

Tomo
05-05-2009, 02:59 AM
he has given us tons of info so far , i dont understand why this one would threaten any NDA's or anything

I think what R.K is trying to say is that whatever the reason, there is one.

Anton isn't just teasing us for fun.

V-Sync can cause framerate issues. I wouldn't expect to see it with BoP.