PDA

View Full Version : New Screens and article!!

Buggins
05-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Something new. Hip hip hooray..

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2009/00033755-images-de-il-2-sturmovik-birds-of-prey.htm

http://www.developmag.com/press-releases/46832/HIGH-FLYING-TALENT-CONFIRMED-FOR-IL2

Tomo
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Oooh well done! Great find.

Screenshots = droooooooool. Amazing!!

peterdegrotere
05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
nICE BUT THE HAVE TO START SHOWING SOME STUFF AND START MARKETING THIS GAME, WE FLYNOOBS KEEP AN EYE ON THIS GAME, BUT THE NORMAL GAMER NEEDS SOME PROMOTION TO START GETTING HOT FOR THIS GAME

Tomo
05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Anyone keen to email this Mark Allen guy from 505?

I'd do it, but i'm already busy trying to get blood from a stone ;)

edit: wow check out this screen! http://www.jeuxvideo.com/screenshots/images/00023/00023479_024.htm (you'll have to press presedente a few times)

What's that down on the mountain? Artillery?

Buggins
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Anyone keen to email this Mark Allen guy from 505?

Done.;)

ECV56_LeChuck
05-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Very Impressive Graphics... that He-111 in the sunrise "all metal looking" is awesome. Hope that SoW looks similar at least

xNikex
05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
No words....Should have sent...a poet.:-P

Amazing screens. Great find! I love the ones with dogfights.:)

Definately on my toes again.;)

Stanrosquain
05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
He 111 images are beautiful. Damage that we can't control its turrets in the first person.

achillies_ny
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks

guiltyspark
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
there is no way that is accurate code im afraid

the amount of anti aliasing is far too high for modern consoles , although i would love it if it was that crisp

sadly this is more along the lines of what we will probly be seeing

sorry guys

(PS , im not saying this is bad , im just saying that the full game will probly have jaggies)

trk29
05-02-2009, 02:02 AM

the amount of anti aliasing is far too high for modern consoles , although i would love it if it was that crisp

sorry guys

(PS , im not saying this is bad , im just saying that the full game will probly have jaggies)

Hey that plane has a swastika on it. I thought they wouldn't?

guiltyspark
05-02-2009, 02:14 AM
Hey that plane has a swastika on it. I thought they wouldn't?

most likely edited out in the german version

GabeFan
05-02-2009, 03:27 AM
most likely edited out in the german version

I think Anton stated that the Swastika was removed from ALL versions of the game....

DH1979
05-02-2009, 07:18 AM

sorry guys

Sorry but you lost me please explain in basic terms plz, sorry & cheers

trk29
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
The swastika is on the rudder in the picture. But anton said that it would not be in the final version.

Zorin
05-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I would be rather surprised by seeing that the Ju87 is carrying russian bombs xD

OntheCrab
05-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Man...

this game looks so amazing!

clouds, planes, tracers - all gorgeous.

I like the sound of the MP modes too, sounds like there'll be some co-op, and the airfield capture sounds very cool.

zauii
05-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Looking really good, been watching this project for quite some time now.

Kartman013
05-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I still can't believe this game is actually coming to consoles. I'm dreaming about it now. I used to play all the time when I had a PC, but having to upgrade it all the time was becoming too costly. This game is a true classic and deserves a new lease of life.

Nike-it
05-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Guys screen with swastika was added by mistake. Please do not post it here!!!

OntheCrab
05-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Why all the effort to remove the swastikas from the game, its based on historical fact with much attention to detail.

I understand certain censorship for sensitive markets (ie: Fallout 3 in Japan has no nuclear explosion) but Call of Duty World at War has the symbol all over the place.

Just curious, you don't have to answer.

JsRacingS2k
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Why all the effort to remove the swastikas from the game, its based on historical fact with much attention to detail.

I understand certain censorship for sensitive markets (ie: Fallout 3 in Japan has no nuclear explosion) but Call of Duty World at War has the symbol all over the place.

Just curious, you don't have to answer.

If you notice in Call of Duty WaW the swastikas are always obscured by like tree branches and stuff. I've only noticed it on loading images and they have always been obscured.

I've been noticing it ever since Anton said they couldn't have it in the game.

But I agree, as horrible as it is, it is a part of history and shouldn't be censored from a WWII historically accurate game. But, the game is still going to rock out regardless!

TofuStoreDrift
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I love how bright the environments are. Most WWII games are dark and gloomily, like movies about the middle ages. Its nice to WWII in a new light:-P

The_Goalie_94
05-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Definantly am getting this! These screens just confirmed it! I mean the planes have texture!

Tomo
05-07-2009, 05:18 AM
But I agree, as horrible as it is, it is a part of history and shouldn't be censored from a WWII historically accurate game. But, the game is still going to rock out regardless!

I think the problem is, these days a lot of hateful groups use the Swastika as their symbol/emblem.

Removing it doesn't effect the gameplay, so i think it was a good decision.

Desode
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
I support this game 100% but I think that its just really lame to not show true history in any game based on historical realism.

Sad to say we live in a time and age where political correctness is killing history and freedom of speech and art, at every turn. Why would they have shown this in the pc version and now not show it in BOP ?
It really makes no sense to me. I'm really starting to wonder what this world will look like 30-50 years from now. I wonder how much historical facts will be removed from history books because they may offend some people. You can't learn from history without the whole ugly truth.

Thats just my opinion though and its not going to stop me in any way from supporting this game,but I am very disappointed that this has happened.
DESODE

Stanrosquain
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
the swastika is just a symbol and nothing else, there are nazi who have dominated this symbol as their signature. A people of Asia also used the swastika but it was the other way. We can see swastika in several film. The best thing for me would be placed on the upside on the wing of the aircraft.

Raw Kryptonite
05-08-2009, 04:28 PM
This is a flight sim, not a political sim. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than arguing over the presence of a bit of paint in the aircraft. Fixating on that is a little silly, especially when the game looks incredible.

Kartman013
05-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I think it's a shame also. It makes the simulation historically inaccurate. That said, the swastika causes a lot of hurt for some people and 1C, Microsoft and everybody else that plans to make a buck out of this game, wants to offend the least amount of people.

Stanrosquain
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I think it's a shame also. It makes the simulation historically inaccurate. That said, the swastika causes a lot of hurt for some people and 1C, Microsoft and everybody else that plans to make a buck out of this game, wants to offend the least amount of people.

I totally agree with you

Jimatay
05-11-2009, 11:41 PM
I've just ordered my wingmen to go on the attack, I push the throttle to full and move in behind an enemy aircraft...the last thing on my mind is "hmmm wheres the swastika on that plane" :)

avi8tor
05-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Also the public display of swastikas is a criminal offense in Germany, Poland, Hungary and I believe Austria as well. As a result most companies such as scale modeling companies won't print swastika decals as well. I think this is the primary reason we see this sort of "censorship" .

Steiner
05-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Also the public display of swastikas is a criminal offense in Germany, Poland, Hungary and I believe Austria as well. As a result most companies such as scale modeling companies won't print swastika decals as well. I think this is the primary reason we see this sort of "censorship" .
Things are different in America...;)

TofuStoreDrift
05-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Yes, but in America people are "offended" by other flags, like a certain Confederate flag, because they were used in hate crimes, just like the Nazi symbol. You can never be historically accurate without upsetting someone.

achillies_ny
05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Good point tofu, but I could totally see a CoD game in the Civil war and they would have no problem using the Rebel flag. The flag is only banned from capitial buildings, i think alabama used the rebel symbol up till late 90s early 2000s.
The nazi flag, you be nutz to fly that flag around america though, what a slap in the face to everyone trying to free europe.
America is still baby face really, we had the best outcome of any country in the war. we never had our soil even stepped on except for pearl harbour, so things about nazis to us are just more about America going to a foreign coutry for fight the good fight, then what really happened.
But did you hear about the Fallujah game in the works already? guess what, it pissed off familys of dead veteran, so the game lost is producers (konami dropped it like a bad habbit)
or how about a foriegn game company making a game about being terrists, and one mission is to fly into the twin towers, i think we would be pissed then, yet to the rest of the world, no much care towards, and vica versa

Nike-it
05-13-2009, 06:31 AM

Do not post swastika pictures here. It is prohibited.

JsRacingS2k
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Do not post swastika pictures here. It is prohibited.

who is posting swastika pictures? cripes...

philip.ed
05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
who is posting swastika pictures? cripes...

Someone posted one from the game so calm down ;) Jeez...you shouldn't talk to an admin like that:grin:

JsRacingS2k
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Someone posted one from the game so calm down ;) Jeez...you shouldn't talk to an admin like that:grin:

Someone posted a link to screenshots, not an actual picture...

philip.ed
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Someone posted a link to screenshots, not an actual picture...

It must have gone because an actual picture was posted on the forum. Sorry if I sounded moody;)

JsRacingS2k
05-13-2009, 09:31 PM
It must have gone because an actual picture was posted on the forum. Sorry if I sounded moody;)

No worries...;)

philip.ed
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM
No worries...;)

Cheers ;)