PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 bumped from July

Scottyb825
04-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Not sure if this is news to everyone else but its news to me. I was looking at the ign release dates for 360 and waiting each week as July details started to be fleshed out. I hoped to eventually find out the release date of the game but now it is no longer listed as July 2009 but TBA 2009. The lack of any kind of details on the progress of this game is starting to worry me. Hell the last article article on ign is from June 2008....almost a year ago! I don't mean to sound like I'm blowing up but I'm starting to get frustrated.

Raw Kryptonite
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Seems like we were told late summer early fall around here? I never put any stock in July, it wasn't likely since they only have the 360 version done at last report.

xNikex
04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
Not sure if this is news to everyone else but its news to me. I was looking at the ign release dates for 360 and waiting each week as July details started to be fleshed out. I hoped to eventually find out the release date of the game but now it is no longer listed as July 2009 but TBA 2009. The lack of any kind of details on the progress of this game is starting to worry me. Hell the last article article on ign is from June 2008....almost a year ago! I don't mean to sound like I'm blowing up but I'm starting to get frustrated.

Once again, that is why we are begging the publisher for more.:mad:

Hopefully Gaijin can get them to do something soon.

Tomo
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Battlestations: Pacific demo is released this Thursday. Full game is released May 12th-15th (depending on where you live).

It won't be as good as BoP, but it will fill the void until BoP is released....(Xmas?)

Scottyb825
04-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Thats good to here that the Battlestations demo is releasing soon. I really like the first one so I'll check that out. However Im not so much worried about when BoP comes out as I am about the lack of any kind of information on this game. So far all we have are some videos that have been around for ages and articles on the major gaming sites that date back almost a year as being the most recent (yes I'm aware of the information on here but nobody except for us hardcore fans are even aware). I understand that 1C and Anton don't have much to do with it but somebody has to put some pressure on the publisher. I would like to hear some fresh details, I'm not asking for them to release the game before its done but don't shut out the fans because they are going to be the ones buying the game. Also nobody is going to be buying the game if they don't even know about it.

Tomo
04-28-2009, 02:28 AM
Hmm yup. Seems to me like the publisher still has methods that date back to the mid 90's.

That approach just doesn't cut it in this day and age.

As an example - Battlestations: Pacific has had a website pretty much since it was announced (two actually). They have had developer diaries, Q & A sessions, Podcasts, allowed people to design nose art that will be featured in game, user Polls, lists of units, historical data. The list goes on and on. They have had heaps of really well produced videos featured on Xbox Live.

BoP has......this forum and Anton's messages. Don't get me wrong, Anton is a nice guy and it's good to have him around. But seriously, promoting the game should not be his job.

Literally two hours ago, one of my buddies emailed me to ask "when that awesome looking flight sim is coming out". Obviously i had no answer for him.

OntheCrab
04-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Eidos, who are publishing Battlestations have done a great job promoting what really is a niche type of game, which is sort of where flight sims have ended up as well.

Its a solid title that blends some mild sim across different types of WWII units with a strategy/action element that works, even with a moderate learning curve. They've promoted it well and added some DLC down the line and its done well enough to spawn a sequel which looks to up the quality further.

I can only hope that IL-2 can meet or succeed this, because BoP really does look friggin gorgeous.

DH1979
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Some news, info or even a hello from Anton will do. Come on we need something to work with man. Says you have been sighning in Anton, but you are not posting no more, y .

xNikex
04-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Well Anton did say June would have been possible if it weren't for handhelds.

So July could still be valid.

Tomo
04-28-2009, 09:25 PM
Hmmm July would be great, but i'm kinda thinking September now...

Scottyb825
04-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Well if this is how they plan on marketing the game if they go for a fall release then all I can say is good luck. There are going to be big name game after big name game that BoP could get lost in the mix with. There is a reason I am most concerned with the publicity of this game. Like somebody else mentioned, Flight Sims are very niche games right now. I want to be able to go online 6 months after the games release and not have a problem finding others to play with. As of right now this is the most active message board about this game...all 10 of us. If you go to the ign or gamespot boards they are completely dead. And its really sad because this game looks like it has the potential to break the mold for console flight games and breath new life to the flight sim genre....but its not being given the proper chance. All it would take is a good marketing campaign to push a game like this to the front of average gamers minds.

Stanrosquain
04-29-2009, 11:51 AM
We also have our little community in the first french site of videogames and we expect this game with as much impatience. We shouldn't collect more than ten people, but at least the forum Il-2 BoP is not dead ( http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-16684-0-1-0-1-0-0.htm ). I hope we will not wait E3 for they open us the site.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Never ever trust IGN or any other sites release date info, the release date for many games gets posted, then tons of people get exited, then the date changes and the date changes and the date....well you get the idea. They are guessing as much as we are. Heck, the release date for SoW:BoB has been changed more times than I can count.