View Full Version : mage+black dragons+armageddon

Razorflame
04-27-2009, 01:49 AM
*note*
i've never seen armageddon with black dragons in same game
(armagedon is very rare)

but what if u were a high level mage with int around 30

and u start the battle casting off 2 x armageddon
and then your stack of black dragons finish the rest..
wouldn't u kill a shitload of troops this way without getting any casualties yourself?

since black dragons are immune to spells

Ryastar
04-27-2009, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately for your strategy, Armageddon does astral damage, and DOES affect black dragons. It's the only spell that does.

Elwin
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Armagedon is very very often in demonis and black dragons are always in death valley

Razorflame
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
hmm

what if u would use hypnotize with sacrifice to replesh your black dragons or doesn't that work?
xD

oh elwin ^^
i never get units in demonia:P
i hate that part of the game with those flying rocks xD

but then again
since i got a demon with my warrior in begin part of the game i am thinking to use demons more often :D

Metathron
04-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Any point in even pursuing/learning Armageddon, then?

Vilk
04-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Myself, but normal mode, I found it quite cool for some very special battle. I started with it level 2 and black hole the Karador battle, after that it was just quite easy.

Well not that it's so useful but just allow you be more lazy and in this battle to concentrate only on avoiding enemy necro call. For sure I probably lost quite more units than if I hadn't use it but dam that battle was easy.

Writhan
05-05-2009, 01:03 PM
SPOILER IN WHITE!

I took the entire dragon circle end-boss, using only like 10 black dragons. I started the fight with 2x armageddon, killing everything else around me. Then finished off with another armageddon in round two.

I was disappointed, but .. it worked. I hope my paladin will have a rougher time though :)

Elwin
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Yep final fight is easy with arma, well played paladin will not have trouble with this fight too :p just will not finish in 1st round like mage xD

Vilk
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Is Armageddon level 3 that efficient in Impossible mode? I don't remember well but I think there was pack almost two times bigger and with stronger enemy units. Only for black dragon there was more than 10 in enemy side.

Metathron
05-07-2009, 08:48 PM
SPOILER IN WHITE!

I took the entire dragon circle end-boss, using only like 10 black dragons. I started the fight with 2x armageddon, killing everything else around me. Then finished off with another armageddon in round two.

I was disappointed, but .. it worked. I hope my paladin will have a rougher time though :)

Wouldn't that have killed (most of) your black dragons as well?

Edit: Ah, I forgot this spell does only 35 per cent damage to friendly troops.

alexandert
05-22-2009, 11:47 AM
tactic of armageddon using is simple.
Just use Slims defens ability - it protecs from ANY spell including Armageddon ;)

DGDobrev
05-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Provided you can drop the entire enemy army in 1 round with this, I think it's great. But I doubt you can do it :) On impossible you can't even drop 10% of the enemy army with this trick.

Black hole - Armageddon x2 may drop some of the army but it's the same for impossible.