PDA

View Full Version : Troop Separation & Magic Scrolls?

Vanchatron
04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
I've just installed the game and have some questions (I'm a Warrior if that makes any difference). I'm in the training zone at the moment right at the start of the game. Anyway...

- In the screenshot you can see that I'm highlighting a feature called "Separate the troop" but what exactly does this mean? Also, I've included a screenshot to show what happens when I click the "separate the troop" button.

- I've been collecting magic scrolls (I have around 8-10) and when I was in battle earlier I was able to use one of them. The thing is, once I used it I wasn't able to use another scroll in that battle at all, and even when I'd beaten those enemies & moved on to my next battle I still wasn't able to use my scrolls. I've only JUST now been able to use my scrolls once again. Is there a hidden cooldown or something?

- How come sometimes in battle my enemy is able to take multiple turns? E.g. they moved some of their army towards me, then some MORE of their army, and then even MORE. So it was like they took 3 turns. Not only that but they then attacked me in the same turn :confused:

- The same sort of thing happened with me aswell. Two enemies were bunched close together and I commanded my horseman to kill one of them. He finished the enemy off, then straight away turned on the enemy next to him and killed him aswell. Why is this & why can't I do it usually?

http://i44.tinypic.com/zj6iq8.jpg

Thanks guys.

Stepsongrapes
04-24-2009, 06:08 PM
On troop separation, that allows you to split a single troop type into 2 stacks. So it's exactly as your screenshot shows- instead of a single stack of 5 knights, you'll have a stack of 3 and another stack of 2. It's particularly useful for units with abilities, but remember, you can only have 5 stacks maximum.

On scrolls, if I recall correctly, you still need mana to cast the scrolls. So, your mana probably was insufficient and had to regenerate. I'd have to check in-game to confirm, though. I don't actually cast from scrolls often.

On stack movement, you don't necessarily alternate turns with the computer opponent. Rather, each stack in a battle has it's own initiative value. Stacks move according to that value. So if you have 5 high initiative stacks and the comp has 5 low iniative stacks, all your stacks will have the opportunity to act before any of the comps.

The ability to wait can also affect this. A unit that would normally act at the beginning of the turn can wait to act at the end, it will then be the first to act at the beginning of the second turn, resulting in two consecutive actions (end of 1st and beginning of 2nd).

Vanchatron
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, although I'm finding it pretty difficult to understand the mechanics of the fight to be honest. Is there a guide or anything on the net which can help me learn to battle properly and what everything means etc?

Razorflame
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
sure m8 ;)

when in a battle press alt
then u see healthbars and there is a number on them

that number indicates who is first
1-9

when in a turn
for example
your horseman
have 1 this indicates they are first

now when u press the wait button(it will be at last, the horseman can move and u can press wait). so this unit will now be the last one to act

now when he is able to to be again u can use him again to attack or something:)

wait is very important in this game

furthermore casting scrolls doesn't cost mana
instead

as a warrior u may only cast once a turn

now when u have casted at the beginning of the turn you won't be able to cast this turn again

you have to wait until the last unit has done it's move for example last unit was 9

then the new turn begins with the unit that has highest initiative

now u can cast again

or wait for a better time to cast again this turn

for a a mage he has the ability to cast twice a turn:)

but that is another story

Vilk
04-28-2009, 07:37 PM
for a a mage he has the ability to cast twice a turn:)

... if the mage character learn a special high level skill available only to character mage. I see newbie looking desperately how cast a second time. :grin:

Razorflame
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
haha so true:) forgot about that:)