PDA

View Full Version : Russian Demo is out!

Mystic Phoenix
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
You'll find it on http://www.kingsbounty.ru/ under the first news item.

Elwin
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Yeah but dowload speed is horrible ;/

Leind
04-17-2009, 10:33 PM
You'll find it on http://www.kingsbounty.ru/ under the first news item.

Any chance to have the demo hosted on another website?
I tried downloading it but it was very slow (less than 4ko/sec, more than 24H of download).

feanor
04-18-2009, 07:35 AM
KB:AP Demo (RU) http://public.ag.ru/vd/09f4c60e4ef4657a75284d6ae2b2d0bf/demos/17525/kbp_demo_setup.exe

Ryastar
04-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Is it still worth downloading even if you don`t know even a single word in Russian?

Zhuangzi
04-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes. If you've played original KB:TL then it's no problem at all. Might be hard figuring out how to solve quests though. ;)

Elwin
04-18-2009, 04:18 PM
I think it might be fun :D. Problem is its impossible to download it ;/ Both links seem to not work

Tempo
04-18-2009, 09:22 PM
I think it might be fun :D. Problem is its impossible to download it ;/ Both links seem to not work

This mirror has a good speed: http://pan.1c.ru/kbp_demo_setup.exe.

Elwin
04-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Well at least twice as much as prevoius ones, only 4 hours ^^ :D

Mandea
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
after 24 hours, I dl the demo. it doesn't work (at least on my pc), right at the setup installation, it has a problem with kb.exe, and of course, the game doesn't start after the setup is completed without kb.exe. I am very very angry.

Elwin
04-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmm transfer rate grew to 150kb/s now , quite nice. Seems it goes like there in late hours

Metroplex
04-19-2009, 06:30 AM
Anyone speak Russian and can guide us through installing this demo in our western PCs?
Anyone actually playing this demo in their PC after successfully installing it???

Mandea
04-19-2009, 07:18 AM
I finally managed to get a proper demo, it works and it is absolutely stunning, can't wait to play full english version (gamespot has a release date: 27 september). I feel like a blind man talking with a deaf one whan I'm playing it because I don't speak russian. but I still like it very much.

Elwin
04-19-2009, 07:46 AM
MIne doesnt even sstart to install ;/

Tempo
04-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Anyone speak Russian and can guide us through installing this demo in our western PCs?
Anyone actually playing this demo in their PC after successfully installing it???

Yes, I speak Russian, and I install the demo from http://pan.1c.ru/kbp_demo_setup.exe. It works fine.
The installation process is not complicated, just click the left button "Далее >" on the first info screen, and then click twice on the same button on the next two screens. In this case the game will be installed by default pass: SystemDisk:\Program Files\1C\King's Bounty. Принцесса в доспехах (Демоверсия).
If the game doesn't started, I think because default installation pass contain russian codepage letters, and this may be a big problem in western PCs. Try to rename directory with english letters only and start the game manually.
Or you can install the game by custom pass. To do this you have to switch the trigger to the second position on the second installation screen, this mean "advanced installation mode".
Then click on middle button "Далее >" on the screen bottom.
Now you can chose the game pass with correct letters.
Then click on middle button "Далее >" on the screen bottom.
After that it would be small popup screen "this pass doesn't exist. Have you wish to create it?" Click on the left button "Да" ("Yes").
The next screen informs you about links in Start menu. Just click on middle button "Далее >" on the screen bottom.
The next screen allows to create labels on the Desktop and Quick Launch bar respectively. Mark the boxex and click on middle button "Далее >" on the screen bottom.
The last screen informs you about all choosed parameters. Click on middle button "Установить" on the screen bottom. That's all.

Elwin
04-19-2009, 10:47 AM
I dowloaded from your link and instaliation doesnt even start.I try to re-download again maybve niow will work.

Tempo
04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
The size of downloaded file must be 489 600 136.
Has anyone else the problem with execution of downloaded file?

Elwin
04-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Ok now it runs

Elwin
04-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Any russian who could give us a hint on quest in this demo ?
I have made 7 of them, and have 1 undone yet and have no idea what to do with it

Mandea
04-19-2009, 05:54 PM
me too, but I don't think you cand finish the last one. I think that's all you can play. I can't enter the building behind the lizzard, there is a message but I don't understand it.

anyway I played the demo with the 3 heroes, wonderful. too bad I can't understand the new artefacts and skills.

Elwin
04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I think the portal says " not availabel in demo"
i translated the skills in one topic. Gonna look for gorguana ones now :P

Coin-coin le Canapin
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes. If you've played original KB:TL then it's no problem at all. Might be hard figuring out how to solve quests though. ;)Didn't try the demo, but I guess it's a bit hard to understand all the new units/character abilities and power, the
dialogue or reward choices when talking to NPCs, some of new items/artefacts effects or bonuses... That's kind of a lot.

Elwin
04-19-2009, 07:15 PM
I have transleted most things and posted here already, only quests are problem for me ;p

Metroplex
04-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I managed to install the demo and have played warrior, and now playing paladin, it is great!
Although I see problems right off:
The demo is too short after 10 or so battles there's no enemies left, but I think that's just to give us a taste not a meal of the full game.
I don't get the new reward system you seem to get to a new level very soon, will the full game be like this?
Battles are too short as just using the pet dragon fire attack kills all enemies straight away.
Can't understand Russian so I can't do any quests, however somehow I managed to get hitched to someone and get extra slots!
Game turns very fast when rotaing the POV camera angle.
Otherwise game is great, can't wait to buy it, and who will pusblish Western copy, is it ATARI again?

Elwin
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
I think ammount of exp for quest is just insanely high and thats why we level so fast.Also in normal game you wil start with 1 skill of dragon and it will ball of lightning or some other else but not this the best ones. Also starting leadership is high. In normal game you will start with 100-200 leadership. You dont realy need to understand russian for these quests. I did them not knowing single word.

And rewards. Demo is so short that the only one achiveaible is the one for victories without losses.

Edit : With warrior was able to get 3 of them. also the 1 for killing reptiles but its class reward for warrrior only and one else. :p

Paladin unit is just awesome !

Saridu
04-19-2009, 11:48 PM
Good morning Comrades! ;-)

My russian is improving leaps and bounds, figured out the basics, not sure what the assasin's first power is or any of the dragon powers other than the one that damages all enemy units (only played for an hour or so).

It looks great, I like the way you can increased your attributes with the skill system, a common complaint with the first KB was that you could be screwed due to bad items so this is an interesting way of making sure you can guide your char through the sea of randomness!

New units look good, love the dwarven mecha - groovy! The lizard units look okay, those burrowing archers are really annoying, in a good way.

Loved beholders from the first one and it looks like they added at least one new one, I can't wait!

Metroplex
04-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Demo loading times are way faster than KB:TL, they must have tweaked the engine a bit, from what I can see horse can fly anytime I want no mana, rage required...
But what are those OTHER scrolls, I can't seem to be able to use them in combat as they don't appear in spellbook when in battle, only when in adventure mode...
The expansion how long relative to KB:TL is it?
Otherwise it's all good, I hope they release English demo soon as I can't understand Russian, therefore can't do quests, better yet, release full English game NOW!
At least with Katauri, they deliver their great games in a short time, not like those idiots of Blizzard that still haven't finished Diablo 3 after all this time.

Mandea
04-20-2009, 08:15 AM
those scrolls are special, they are a new addition and you won't be abble to learn them. they are interesting as far as I could understand their purpose.

and leave blizzard alone please, their games are almost perfect. you just can't compare KB wich doesn't have MP with blizzard games (battle.net anyone?). it takes a huge amount of time to balance games with multiplayer. KB is easier to balance.

Nike-it
04-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I managed to install the demo and have played warrior, and now playing paladin, it is great!
Although I see problems right off:
The demo is too short after 10 or so battles there's no enemies left, but I think that's just to give us a taste not a meal of the full game.
I don't get the new reward system you seem to get to a new level very soon, will the full game be like this?
Battles are too short as just using the pet dragon fire attack kills all enemies straight away.
Can't understand Russian so I can't do any quests, however somehow I managed to get hitched to someone and get extra slots!
Game turns very fast when rotaing the POV camera angle.
Otherwise game is great, can't wait to buy it, and who will pusblish Western copy, is it ATARI again?

No, Atari is not a publisher of Armored Princess.

Nike-it
04-20-2009, 08:24 AM
I think ammount of exp for quest is just insanely high and thats why we level so fast.Also in normal game you wil start with 1 skill of dragon and it will ball of lightning or some other else but not this the best ones. Also starting leadership is high. In normal game you will start with 100-200 leadership. You dont realy need to understand russian for these quests. I did them not knowing single word.

And rewards. Demo is so short that the only one achiveaible is the one for victories without losses.

Edit : With warrior was able to get 3 of them. also the 1 for killing reptiles but its class reward for warrrior only and one else. :p

Paladin unit is just awesome !

This level is from the middle of the game, so the reward for quests is very high.

Elwin
04-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Yes i suspected that its from middle game, actually forgot to write this.

These scrols increase your stats for x ammount of battles

Assasin skills arent complicated.First teleports to back of enemy ( in beggining of fight impossible to do) and hits it for much damage and teleport back. Second deals damage and if stack is killled it reloads Backstab ( first one)

Nike-it
04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
New fast mirrors appeared, now at gamershell: http://www.gamershell.com/download_43878.shtml