PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of a Legend/Armored Princess DVD double edition?

Zhuangzi
04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
I bought KB:TL from Gamersgate because it's virtually impossible to get at retail here in Australia. Even six months after the release, the big chains just don't stock it here. :mad:

I will be getting AP for sure, but I'd love to have a boxed edition. I could get TL on DVD now, but I'd rather wait for AP to come out and get them bundled together, if such a thing is happening. It would definitely be a good idea, as I suspect the retail sales could be a LOT higher with more marketing/chain stores distribution. So many people missed out on TL, I'd love to see some kind of Special Edition DVD! I don't think there was any kind of collector's edition of KB:TL, so it'd be perfect for there to be some kind of King's Bounty Complete Edition, maybe with artwork and things like that. I'd happily pay something like $50-60 US for such a thing.

So, any chance? :-P

Nike-it
04-15-2009, 07:21 AM
I bought KB:TL from Gamersgate because it's virtually impossible to get at retail here in Australia. Even six months after the release, the big chains just don't stock it here. :mad:

I will be getting AP for sure, but I'd love to have a boxed edition. I could get TL on DVD now, but I'd rather wait for AP to come out and get them bundled together, if such a thing is happening. It would definitely be a good idea, as I suspect the retail sales could be a LOT higher with more marketing/chain stores distribution. So many people missed out on TL, I'd love to see some kind of Special Edition DVD! I don't think there was any kind of collector's edition of KB:TL, so it'd be perfect for there to be some kind of King's Bounty Complete Edition, maybe with artwork and things like that. I'd happily pay something like $50-60 US for such a thing.

There is a chance, but it is too early to predict when it will be available.

heron
04-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Actually Armored Princess turned out to be more than just an add on. First of all it is stand alone and doesn't require the original game. Secondly AP has a big new campaign, new quests, NPCs, locations and many more. And finally - again it is huge and has many hours of gameplay.
This is the reason why we decided to qualify it as a sequel.

AP is a standalone, it should have all the KBL content on the same disc correct?

Nike-it
04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
AP is a standalone, it should have all the KBL content on the same disc correct?

Absolutely not, the game has its own files and doesn't include KB:L content.

heron
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Absolutely not, the game has its own files and doesn't include KB:L content.

thanks for the info!

Metroplex
04-18-2009, 09:03 AM

What I hate is lazy people like this poster that don't bother or don't know how to use a search engine like Google properly, had he done so he would have found that he can indeed get KB:TL in Australia:

http://www.gpstore.com.au/Games/1560314.html

From NZ:

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Kings-Bounty-The-Legend/1560314/

KB Collectors Edition:
One left from Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kings-Bounty-Legend-Collectors-DVD/dp/B001NV77VA

From eBay:

http://videogames.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Video-Games__Kings-Bounty_W0QQLHQ5fPrefLocZ2QQ_nkwZKingQ27sQ20BountyQ QQ5ftrkparmsZ66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A15Q257C39Q253A1QQ _dmptZAUQ5fPCQ5fVideoQ5fGamesQ5fGamesQQ_mdoZVideoQ 2dGamesQQ_sacatZ1249QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ15QQ_trksidZp328 6Q2ec0Q2em14?_stpos=2194&_fcid=15&gbr=1

Who cares if bricks and mortar stores don't stock it, that is why the net exists so you don't limit yourself to them, you can now buy from all corners of the world regardless of where you are, so that is no excuse not to get the boxed edition, getting the digital version is just lazy.

Mandea
04-18-2009, 10:21 AM
that is not what Zhuangzi wants, he wants The Legend and Armored Princess, both in the same package, the links you gave him had only The Legend Collector's Edition(armored princess is not out in english yet). it's a whole different thing.

Zhuangzi
04-18-2009, 03:01 PM
What I hate is lazy people like this poster that don't bother or don't know how to use a search engine like Google properly, had he done so he would have found that he can indeed get KB:TL in Australia:

http://www.gpstore.com.au/Games/1560314.html

From NZ:

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Kings-Bounty-The-Legend/1560314/

KB Collectors Edition:
One left from Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kings-Bounty-Legend-Collectors-DVD/dp/B001NV77VA

From eBay:

http://videogames.shop.ebay.com.au/items/Video-Games__Kings-Bounty_W0QQLHQ5fPrefLocZ2QQ_nkwZKingQ27sQ20BountyQ QQ5ftrkparmsZ66Q253A2Q257C65Q253A15Q257C39Q253A1QQ _dmptZAUQ5fPCQ5fVideoQ5fGamesQ5fGamesQQ_mdoZVideoQ 2dGamesQQ_sacatZ1249QQ_scZ1QQ_sopZ15QQ_trksidZp328 6Q2ec0Q2em14?_stpos=2194&_fcid=15&gbr=1

Who cares if bricks and mortar stores don't stock it, that is why the net exists so you don't limit yourself to them, you can now buy from all corners of the world regardless of where you are, so that is no excuse not to get the boxed edition, getting the digital version is just lazy.

I said I can't get it at retail. RETAIL. In store. :!: Yes, I can get a special order of the game from Game Planet New Zealand for $100 Australian dollars. How many people are going to go out of the way to do that? I can order it from another great online store called cd-wow for about $55, or 100 other sites. What I can't do is walk into a store in Perth, Western Australia and buy the game. Got it? Is that simple enough for you?

Don't call me a lazy poster. I know exactly where and how KB:TL can be gotten - I simply would like some kind of Collectors Edition of both games in English, even if I do have to send off for it. :cool:

Metroplex
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, keep on waiting for KB to appear at retail at Australian stores, I am sure hell would have frozen over by then.
As for you wanting it at retail, is that relevant? they would mark it up to a very expensive price that you'll buy it online anyway!
Yes, I forgot to link CD-WOW although I was aware of them selling KB at a cheap price, far cheaper than any retail store in Australia would ever sell it for if they actually ever sold it.
As for you wanting the special edition and 'sending off for it' well, you can get the KB:TL one, what are you waiting for, just check online and you can order it to be delivered straight to you. Check the link on Amazon.co.uk
As for you wanting a collectors edition of BOTH games together, sorry but that ain't gonna happen so soon, the developers just aren't going to bundle two great games and sell it at a discount so to speak, so it seems you'll have to order vanilla KB:AP when it is released online, unless you want to wait till hell freezes over until you can walk into a retail store in Australia and buy one or both of them, good luck with that!

Ryastar
04-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Metroplex, he has the game already! Clearly, you did not understand that. Let me say it again, he already owns the game. He was merely stating that, if he wanted to, he can`t walk into a store and buy it, but he doesn`t need to because he ALREADY OWNS THE GAME.

Here`s a tip so that, in future, you don`t look like a belligerent moron, actually read other people`s posts thoroughly, don`t just see a few sentences, get angry at what you think is being said, and spout idiotic, angry words.

Metroplex
04-19-2009, 06:15 AM
I know that he has the game already, if you had read my post you'll see that I thought having the digital version was lazy as he had stated this on the first line of his post:

I bought KB:TL from Gamersgate because it's virtually impossible to get at retail here in Australia. Even six months after the release, the big chains just don't stock it here.

So YOU stop talking crap.

Zhuangzi
04-19-2009, 06:47 AM
I know that he has the game already, if you had read my post you'll see that I thought having the digital version was lazy as he had stated this on the first line of his post:

I bought KB:TL from Gamersgate because it's virtually impossible to get at retail here in Australia. Even six months after the release, the big chains just don't stock it here.

So YOU stop talking crap.

Is there an ignore button for this jerk? ;)

Saridu
04-20-2009, 02:09 AM
Is there an ignore button for this jerk? ;)

Lol, I think the expression DFTT is what you're after ;)

I also hate digital delivery, it may work well with on demand uncapped DSL lines but it doesn't work for Australia.

The day it was released I downloaded KB from Gamersgate, it only took about 12 hours which was alright I suppose (that was 20% of my monthly download quota as well). The other day after reading the review for the expansion I wanted to relive the experience. I found to my dismay that in a fit of hdd purging rage I had removed my installation. To add to my woes, I hadn't saved the download so I had to go and download it again except now my line was capped at 10k download so it took four days! I would love to be able to by a TL+AP combo pack in Oz :grin:

Metroplex
04-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Digital Delivery... I'd rather have the old fashioned game box with official DVD and manual than a burnt DVD with my game on it.