PDA

View Full Version : Anton since you know the date of the website launch

guiltyspark
04-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Can you at least tell us if we will be waiting long for it ?

Anton Yudintsev
04-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Not so long.
'Long' is very subjective word ;).

guiltyspark
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
let me put it to you this way

will we have to wait until next month?

because that is long

Raw Kryptonite
04-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I just want the game! Too much fuss about a website around here. LOL
j/k
If it brings new updates, then I'm all for it.

xNikex
04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Not so long.
'Long' is very subjective word ;).

Will this be a surprise one day or will you eventually be allowed to tell us?

BTW, just to clear this up, will BoP have a mission editor?

Tomo
04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Hahah this is getting craaaaaaaazy!!!

I'm working on the basis that the website will go live 1st of May. Any earlier and it'll just be a nice surprise.

Anton Yudintsev
04-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Will this be a surprise one day or will you eventually be allowed to tell us?

I guess I will.
All materials are ready. Just waiting for release as well as you.

BTW, just to clear this up, will BoP have a mission editor?

Nope. I've already answered. Only simple one for "trainings".

guiltyspark
04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
anton

you said the website is up aleady , can you give us hints to its URL or does it not have an official one yet?

Im just frustrated because I know publishers will sit on stuff like this for awhile

Tomo
04-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Since visiting this site i've formed the opinion that publishers are generally idiots that do not understand the market they are operating in.

Anyone concur? :D

No videos on the XBL marketplace BAFFLES me.

xNikex
04-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Since visiting this site i've formed the opinion that publishers are generally idiots that do not understand the market they are operating in.

Look, I know it sucks to wait, but I"m sure the publisher(s) are doing there best. I dont think an idiot would have brought IL2 to consoles. I have faith in them.:)

And I'm sure the site will get a lot of attention anyway until trailors are made for XBL.;)

Tomo
04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Look, I know it sucks to wait, but I"m sure the publisher(s) are doing there best. I dont think an idiot would have brought IL2 to consoles. I have faith in them.:)

And I'm sure the site will get a lot of attention anyway until trailors are made for XBL.;)

Hmmm, very smart people brought IL-2 to consoles. But that was Gaijin. Now it is out of their hands and into the publishers hands. What i have seen from the publisher so far has not filled me with confidence.

The only reason i say this is because i think IL-2 deserves to be a huge success. I would hate to see it sell badly just because of poor marketing.

Raw Kryptonite
04-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Personally, I don't like it when games get hyped far in advance. It usually backfires. A game that gets pushed hard about 2-3 months out, that's the sweet spot IMO. I like following the game, but hype too soon gets old. It's nice when a game gets a lot of press and they can give you a release date at the same time instead of sounding like yet another pipe dream game that never comes out. I think IL-2 will do fine, it's a little different when you put out a game that appeals to a more specific crowd.

xNikex
04-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Hmmm, very smart people brought IL-2 to consoles. But that was Gaijin. Now it is out of their hands and into the publishers hands. What i have seen from the publisher so far has not filled me with confidence.

The only reason i say this is because i think IL-2 deserves to be a huge success. I would hate to see it sell badly just because of poor marketing.

Well, like I said I can't blame you, but I'm sure they've got something coming our way.:cool:

But yes, you'd think we would have seen something start by now since Anton said July was possible.:-P

trk29
04-15-2009, 03:58 AM

What I think he is trying to say is nothing gets the attention it deserves for reasons we don't understand. It seems like marketing is not handled very well on a lot of stuff. Look at Killzone 2 playstation said they were going to market the crap out of it and I only saw one commercial 2 times. They will release it when it is time to sell the game and that is it. We are just going to have to wait.

Buggins
04-15-2009, 04:23 AM
let me put it to you this way

will we have to wait until next month?

because that is long

Don't you think you're being a bit demanding? He answered your question, cut the guy some slack. We all want to see the site but obviously it's out of Anton's hands. You'll end up scaring him off these boards at this rate. Was it really necessary to create a new thread for this? Remember, the publishers are 1C and 505 Games, and believe me, their track record with marketing is appalling. Maybe you should drop them an email or something..

xNikex
04-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Don't you think you're being a bit demanding? He answered your question, cut the guy some slack. We all want to see the site but obviously it's out of Anton's hands. You'll end up scaring him off these boards at this rate. Was it really necessary to create a new thread for this? Remember, the publishers are 1C and 505 Games, and believe me, their track record with marketing is appalling. Maybe you should drop them an email or something..

I am also wondering why the site hasn't been announced yet since Anton said it was ready.
And yes, I believe Anton is doing his best, but it's apperently not his decision when to announce it and out of his hands unfortunately.

guiltyspark
04-17-2009, 02:45 AM
this is totally getting gay , they just need to show it

Tomo
04-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Well, I'm outta here until the website is up. There's really nothing to talk about around here. As a test, I'm not going to visit this site at all and see if I hear about the game/website through sites like ign. I'm fully expecting to just stumble across the game on the store shelves in 6 months time.

All the best till then.

xNikex
04-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Well, I'm outta here until the website is up. There's really nothing to talk about around here. As a test, I'm not going to visit this site at all and see if I hear about the game/website through sites like ign. I'm fully expecting to just stumble across the game on the store shelves in 6 months time.

All the best till then.

I agree, there is nothing to talk about anymore...:(

Anton please give us some news once in a while. Like, how things are going, etc. Just please to give us something to talk about.

xNikex
04-19-2009, 02:18 AM
The publisher really needs to put some stuff out. I've seen many people bring up IL2BoP in there forums and talk about how they visit here, but don't post here because there is nothing to post about:(. This lets us know that others know of this game and are awaiting new information and trailors.
I sure hope the site comes soon. I'm sure it would scratch everyone's itch and would definately be mentioned around in other forums as well and attract much needed attention.:):rolleyes:

peterdegrotere
04-19-2009, 03:45 PM

No need to talk that way, just wait and it will be fine, we are all just guys waitung for this game and i cant wait for this game also, checking this website every day, but no need to talk this way abouth the publishers

Raw Kryptonite
04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Notice also that we haven't heard much from Anton since this website insistence started up. Good way to ruin things by getting that way about it.
Guys: it's a website, not the game. You'll get updates when available from the usual sources, not just a game website. A bad attitude does nothing for the fans but scare off anyone in the know from wanting to hang around here.

GabeFan
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Notice also that we haven't heard much from Anton since this website insistence started up. Good way to ruin things by getting that way about it.
Guys: it's a website, not the game. You'll get updates when available from the usual sources, not just a game website. A bad attitude does nothing for the fans but scare off anyone in the know from wanting to hang around here.

Yeah...I agree!!!

Lets just give Anton some time, and not hassle him too much. I'm sure he's very busy right now. He has always been very nice to us here in answering our questions so far, and I'm sure in the near future he will have more news for us BoP fans.