View Full Version : Reviews

Terje22
04-12-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.ag.ru/reviews/kings_bounty_armored_princess 95/100

http://gamecritic.ru/games/view.php?id=1643 89/100
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/cbd178e2ee.png

Ryastar
04-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Dude, very few people here can speak russian, so that isn't exactly a useful link...

Zhuangzi
04-12-2009, 03:14 AM
Google translate is your friend here. Sure, it's not perfect, but you do get the idea. Thanks for the link, Terje22. I for one appreciate the links, even if they are in Russian. And I'm glad to see that the reviewers thought so highly of the game. :-P

Ryastar
04-12-2009, 04:01 AM
Whoops, forgot about Google Translate, sorry Terje22, that's totally my bad. Thank you for showing me up, Zhuangzi

Zhuangzi
04-12-2009, 03:46 PM
No worries. The text is pretty messed up though. Unintentionally funny. :-P

Nike-it
04-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for posting the link Terje. I would like to point, that the AP got +2% score in comparison with original King's Bounty: The Legend! Thу sequel turned out to be really fantastic game!

Nike-it
04-13-2009, 10:56 AM
You can find a lot of new screens from Armored Princess on the page about the game at AG.ru. But be carefully, there are many Spoilers;)
http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/kings_bounty_armored_princess

Elwin
04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
What is max level for Amelie ?

Nike-it
04-13-2009, 01:17 PM
What is max level for Amelie ?

There is no restriction for the max level;)

Elwin
04-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok but we already know no one reached higher than 30 in KB:L personaly i also ended up with 29 in my every game so whats possible level to get ? ^^ Not sure because i dont kow russian but from screenies it looks like was 53 or so at the end so around 55-60?

Mandea
04-13-2009, 01:45 PM
there seems to be 60 levels in the russian manual. given the fact that the game is shorter, after 7-10 battles you will be already levelling up. :)

Nike-it
04-13-2009, 01:55 PM
there seems to be 60 levels in the russian manual. given the fact that the game is shorter, after 7-10 battles you will be already levelling up. :)

As I said, there is no technical restriction, you just won't be able to get as many levels as you wont because of lack of enemies.

Elwin
04-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Another question from the screenies, is char developing completly random ? I just saw on screen that there was no choice on level up but just + leadership .. if so thats not realy good idea ..

Mystic Phoenix
04-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Another question from the screenies, is char developing completly random ? I just saw on screen that there was no choice on level up but just + leadership .. if so thats not realy good idea ..

As far as I know (and what is stated in the fan manual), there are skills to raise attack, defense and knowledge (and I suppose mana and rage as well). So you might have better control what to develop and a little boost to leadership is always nice to have. We have to see, whether this system works well, but I think, it will be ok.

Elwin
04-13-2009, 08:39 PM
I saw that skill in fan manual too, question is
1. if there is any choice
2.if its just leadership every level or random (ld,stats.rage,mana)

Nike-it
04-14-2009, 06:42 AM
I saw that skill in fan manual too, question is
1. if there is any choice
2.if its just leadership every level or random (ld,stats.rage,mana)

You get leadership every level, and it absolutley doesn't make any harm to the game, moreover it is very usefull impovement, as it made developmement much more predictable.

Zhuangzi
04-14-2009, 09:03 AM
In other words, you don't get to make any kind of decision when you level up anymore. I'm not sure I like this, but I don't think it makes much difference overall.

Nike-it
04-14-2009, 09:05 AM
In other words, you don't get to make any kind of decision when you level up anymore. I'm not sure I like this, but I don't think it makes much difference overall.

Right, but you can more efficiently use runes to increase what you want (I mean strengh, might and magic skills). I personaly found it more useful.

Elwin
04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
Thats what i wanted to know, dont know yet if i find tha beeter or worse than previous one. Will see in game

jwallstone
04-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I think this is a better system. It eliminates the choice between Leadership and other stats that requires people to sacrifice troops early on to maximize power in the late game, or vice versa. I like having more control by using runes to increase stats and getting more runes.

The randommess can really hurt some characters. For instance, I just started a Mage game on Impossible, and decided to check how the character would eventually develop before starting to play by leveling up characters via cheats. I started a bunch of Mage games (since all your levelup choices are pre-determined from the start of the game), and some could only gain around 6-7 Int from levelup choices, and others could go up to 13. That's quite a range, and really screws over people who get unlucky with their mage character. I'd prefer to simply give control of this to the player via runes and abilities.

jake21
04-14-2009, 09:29 PM
KB: AP is shorter than KB ?

Elwin
04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I guess its similiar, i compared exp tables from both and looks like lvl 30 in KB:L is like lvl 50 in AP and since there is 60 level practically possible it could be just a little longer but those are just my guesses

Zhuangzi
04-15-2009, 12:49 AM
The game is supposed to be 20% shorter. I think this is in terms of overall battles, which I think I read would be no more than 400 in AP. You do seem to be leveling up a lot, which is great as it did take forever in TL.

guciomir
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
On the other hand i've read some official information that the AP is 10 hours longer than KB.

Nike-it
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
On the other hand i've read some official information that the AP is 10 hours longer than KB.

The AR is a little bit shorter then KB: The Legend. Approximately - 25%. Also this fully depends on the style you are playing, if you fight with all mobs, even very weak, it can be equal to original game.

Mandea
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
they said it is 20% shorter, but the fights are more tactical than before (you will try to get medals), so it might take longer to finish (replay fights?).

Nike-it
04-15-2009, 08:45 AM
According to the latest fan review at russian forum, the game can be finished within 20-25 hours. Also this info is correct for normal and easy difficulties.

Mandea
04-15-2009, 09:32 AM
yes, but it depends, whether he finished every possible quest, upgraded every item, or not, we don't know. there are manny side quests.

a question: is there another Gremlins' castle or something like that? I really loved that item, it was one of the funniest thing I ever saw in a game.