PDA

View Full Version : Anton, your comments are scaring me

TofuStoreDrift
04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Ok, I know I'm new but, I have some concerns. When I first heard IL-2 was coming to consoles, I was overjoyed. After browsing through this forum, I'm starting to get a little weary. I've been seeing alot of talk about infinite ammo, 100 on-screen AI controlled planes, and only going to have a few missions that allow takeoffs and landings, I worry that too much has been compirmised(sp?) for the sake of consoles. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the game is starting to sound like the Ace Combat series, you know short missions that have you destroy 25 or more air targets and 40 some ground targets all in a single mission, just for the idea of having a flashy game. The only difference being that it has PC quality physics. Don't you think we have enough flashy games on the market? Please Anton, come on here and put my fears to rest.

The Few
04-09-2009, 04:12 AM
In a previous thread it was mentioned that their will be an arcade, intermediate, and realistic modes. The realistic mode staying true to previous IL 2 games. I'm sure someone else could get more specific.

TofuStoreDrift
04-09-2009, 04:22 AM
In a previous thread it was mentioned that their will be an arcade, intermediate, and realistic modes. The realistic mode staying true to previous IL 2 games. I'm sure someone else could get more specific.

Yes but, that refering to physics, not game content. Not once have I played a game where adjusting the physics adjusts the amount of enemies that you have to destroy.

Tomo
04-09-2009, 04:44 AM
Hmm yeah i see what you are saying, and i think you may well be in for a disappointment. I guess the real issue is one of balancing realism and fun.

It may be realistic to fly four hours, drop a few bombs, see no enemy planes and then fly home, but is that going to be fun?

I'm not dismissing your concerns, because i too share them (probably most of the people here do also) but i think we have to trust that it has been done well until we know otherwise.

All the videos that i have watched leave me optimistic that it will be a very realistic game, albeit not a "hardcore" PC type sim.

Edit - I think the take off/landing stuff will be contextual. For example, during the Battle of Britain you would probably do the take off and landing because it is a local event. But for a bombing run over Germany, you probably start in the air. Imagine the logistics of mapping the entire continent of Europe and fitting it into the game? Sure it's okay for crappy games like x-plane because the visuals are horrible. But look at the Birds of Prey environments! Stunning!!!

Anton Yudintsev
04-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Combat series, you know short missions that have you destroy 25 or more air targets and 40 some ground targets all in a single mission, just for the idea of having a flashy game.

We have campaign, which is very intensive gameplay, even on simulation mode.
But we also have Single Missions, which are much closer to original IL-2 by atmosphere and details.
There is limited ammo there, less enemies, etc.

So you'd probably need to concentrate on them OR multiplayer (in simulation mode).

Tomo
04-09-2009, 07:37 AM
We have campaign, which is very intensive gameplay, even on simulation mode.
But we also have Single Missions, which are much closer to original IL-2 by atmosphere and details.
There is limited ammo there, less enemies, etc.

So you'd probably need to concentrate on them OR multiplayer (in simulation mode).

WOW. That is great news!!!! :grin:

TofuStoreDrift
04-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you, thank you Anton! You are a good man, I don't care what the rest have been saying about you:grin:

TofuStoreDrift
04-09-2009, 05:54 PM
This brings me to a second question, will Single Missions be unlock from the beginning? Answer if you can (or allowed to).