PDA

View Full Version : Nine brand new screenshots

Nike-it
04-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Guys, have a look at the new screens of upcoming Armored Princess. There are some Spoilers;)
New pictures are available here (http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/?type=gallery).

BB Shockwave
04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Guys, have a look at the new screens of upcoming Armored Princess. There are some Spoilers;)
New pictures are available here (http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/?type=gallery).

Awesome! :)

So, without avoiding spoilers - just the new units we saw:

-Assassin (we already saw it in the trailer) - totally new 3D model. My guess is they can turn invisible and then do greater damage when they attack... Seem to be around Level 3.

-New (Royal) Griffin - can't wait to try them out, even regular griffins were awesome. Hopefully this means they are Level 4, meaning they are immune to some annoying effect (Beholder ray, Dryad sleep song).

-Apparently there are TWO new Necromancer upgrades - repaints: we already saw the grey-orange guy who has some exploding skull magic blast attack, and now there is a purple repaint too.

-Orc Shaman upgrade! As if they weren't powerfull enough... :grin:

-We also see the Dragon's black lightning-like skill in action - it seems a hard skill to use without hitting your own units, just like evil shoal was.

-Does that other Griffin got a permanent stoneskin, or why is it colored full white/grey?

Man, I can't wait to see this game released. I just finished the first game with a Paladin, and most likely will play Amelie as a Mage.

I wonder, will we have new Dragon units? A Blue dragon with lightning or frost attacks would be nice - and we could drop by in the Verlon Forest to tell that blue dragon he's not alone... :)

Zhuangzi
04-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Two words: ROYAL GRIFFIN. Can't wait. :cool:

I would also love to see a stronger Snake unit. One can wish. :rolleyes:

Elias_Maluco
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Great pictures, awesome new units. More than ever I dont understand how some people can be mad at playing with the princess: I mean, look at her.

The bosses are really cool too, specially the Big Daddy one and the other that loos like an Archdevil from HoMM 5.

EDIT: wait a sec, whats going on here:

http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/gallery/kingsbounty_princess27.jpg

Two heroes fighting at the same time? With 10 units? WTF? Now Im really excited.

Zhuangzi
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Great pictures, awesome new units. More than ever I dont understand how some people can be mad at playing with the princess: I mean, look at her.

The bosses are really cool too, specially the Big Daddy one and the other that loos like an Archdevil from HoMM 5.

EDIT: wait a sec, whats going on here:

http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/gallery/kingsbounty_princess27.jpg

Two heroes fighting at the same time? With 10 units? WTF? Now Im really excited.

Could that be the final boss battle? I am thinking this because that picture is of the warrior character, Bill Gilbert, who is supposed to help Amelie somehow in the expansion.

Elwin
04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Maybe, and probably since he is marked green he is ally and played by computer.At least its what i think

aghiuta
04-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Nice screens.
Nike-it, do you know where the text files are located in the expansion (the texts from the game). I might get a copy in russian and do an online translation for the files. Even if it is a poor translation it will be somewhat usefull (I wish I studied Russian in school along with French and English)

Ryastar
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Maybe, and probably since he is marked green he is ally and played by computer.At least its what i think

Oh God, I hope he isn't controlled by the computer. Think about it, any and all strategies can be ruined by one dumb move on the part of your ostensible ally. For example, there might be a powerful stack of level 4 enemy units that you have no hope of killing in one turn, but need to keep out of the battle for a while, so you spend 20 mana to blind them. Then Idiot McComputerplayer casts fire arrow (or uses a stronger but still inadequate spell, or just attacks the stack) and lo and behold, you have an enemy that can attack/cast/whatever and 20 less mana.

Elwin
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
I got your point but i doubt boss can be blinded ^^ ( never tried tough)
I dont know what domestic dragons abilities are but i hope he got some crowd control/defensive abilities. At this moment i cant imagine playing hard or impossible without time back,ice thorn,ice ball,stone wall

Ryastar
04-09-2009, 02:12 AM
You're right, I forgot that it was a superboss that was the enemy for that fight, but my point still stands to a certain extent - in the original game defeating the superbosses was simple (and without losses) with a little application of strategy, and I still fear that the computer player could wreck it, but we'll have to see.

I'm too lazy to correct the above run-on sentence.

Nike-it
04-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Nice screens.
Nike-it, do you know where the text files are located in the expansion (the texts from the game). I might get a copy in russian and do an online translation for the files. Even if it is a poor translation it will be somewhat usefull (I wish I studied Russian in school along with French and English)

First of all, I don't know this info, and second, I would suggest not doing such translation, as it will be very far from even poor translation. The KB is not a game which can be translated this way as you will lose not only the great and interesting storyline, but mostly all gags and funny things, created by the devs.