PDA

View Full Version : Counterattack Strength / UI Mod?

CannibalBob
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Hey I'm loving this game so far and really like how the game says the predicted amount of kills when about to perform an attack as well as unit movement radius. But I think it needs a little more; specifically counterattack strength. As of now, the game just says "Unit will counter attack", but I'd like to get an idea how much damage I will take or how many units I will lose! True, I can use a good ol' calculator but it'd just make playing the game more fluid and fun.

Is there a mod that can do this? Or is there an existing hotkey in the game I don't know of? If neither, than file this as a request to the developers to add in with a patch (if any is being made) :D

jwallstone
03-31-2009, 11:53 PM
One problem with this is that the counterattack strength depends on how many you kill, which is itself a random number. There is a different counterattack damage range (min to max) for every different possible amount of damage you can inflict within your own damage range. Plus throw in the possibility of critical strikes, and I'm not sure what would be a convenient way to report this. Some average of averages?

Vulture
04-01-2009, 11:15 AM
I think even guessing is more precise than a calculation would be. If your unit faces a stack of 1000 of unit x and the predictions are 250-500 kills from your attack (criticals not evaluated) then the counterattack can be performed by 750 units, 500 units (and anything between) or what's left if your units crit, 499 or less. Then there's still a normal damage calculation needed for any of the possible remaining enemy units after your attack. From min to max including a possible critical.

I think with guessing the average dmg from both sides you know more than a 100-900 kills possible on counterattack calculation range which would probably appear through such a mod ^^