PDA

View Full Version : I discovered new tactic!!!

dukenukem
03-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Hi everbody last day I found new tactic.When I beated baal 500 demons were available for my army.I got them to my reserve squad with Paladin.And my time back was only 15 rage.In the beginning of the fight teleport them in front of enemies.He has furious ability so for every enemy atack he is answering.And very strong creature.After that near end of the second turn time back them and refresh also enemies very very damaged and number discreaed by demons.I want to share...
Hi everybody thanks...

Zonc
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM
I've been using the same strategy. It works also with Griffins who have Furious ability (griffins are better at defence but much weaker at offence, plus demons have 2 very good abilities)

This combo also works great with Target spell that makes all lvl 1-4 units within range attack the Demons/Griffins. Onslaught and Tactics skills from might tree help really much to move griffins/demons closer and faster to the enemy.

I use vampires as support unit when demons are time backed by the end of second turn. Thay have much less work at that time becouse demons usually slaughter like 60-70% of enemy army :grin:

jwallstone
03-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Some other Time Back tactics:

1. Cast Sacrifice on the unit before Time Back = free units! You can do this the turn beforehand too if you know which unit you're going to cast it on.

2. Time Back works on enemy units too. This can be quite useful. For example, at the end of the turn, use Demoness or Hypnotise to take control of an enemy. Then, you use the next two turns to cast Sacrifice on that unit to get tons of free units, attack other enemies with your controlled unit, and soak up damage. At the end of those two turns, cast Time Back for a fully replenished and re-charmed unit, for another two turns of Sacrifice and soaking up damage! And, guess what? When that finally expires, your Demoness is ready to use Charm again!

With this tactic, I've managed to buy only 1 unit of a creature type several times, and grown them to a full stacks in only a 2-4 battles.

3. You can also use Time Back to extend other spells. For example, you can use Time Back to replenish Dragon Arrow charges or extend any positive spells on your units or negative spells on enemies (Sheep comes to mind). You can also use Time Back to extend the duration of Phantoms.

Sandsai
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Some other Time Back tactics:

1. Cast Sacrifice on the unit before Time Back = free units! You can do this the turn beforehand too if you know which unit you're going to cast it on.

2. Time Back works on enemy units too. This can be quite useful. For example, at the end of the turn, use Demoness or Hypnotise to take control of an enemy. Then, you use the next two turns to cast Sacrifice on that unit to get tons of free units, attack other enemies with your controlled unit, and soak up damage. At the end of those two turns, cast Time Back for a fully replenished and re-charmed unit, for another two turns of Sacrifice and soaking up damage! And, guess what? When that finally expires, your Demoness is ready to use Charm again!

With this tactic, I've managed to buy only 1 unit of a creature type several times, and grown them to a full stacks in only a 2-4 battles.

3. You can also use Time Back to extend other spells. For example, you can use Time Back to replenish Dragon Arrow charges or extend any positive spells on your units or negative spells on enemies (Sheep comes to mind). You can also use Time Back to extend the duration of Phantoms.

You can do a lot of stuff with time back. Just remember that it restores to previous turn so you can get two regular sacrifices off (or if you're a mage, four) before casting time back. Likewise you can also get two attacks in and two rounds of retaliation in. Just cast it as the last thing you do on your turn.

Amidamaru86
04-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Hi everbody last day I found new tactic.When I beated baal 500 demons were available for my army.I got them to my reserve squad with Paladin.And my time back was only 15 rage.In the beginning of the fight teleport them in front of enemies.He has furious ability so for every enemy atack he is answering.And very strong creature.After that near end of the second turn time back them and refresh also enemies very very damaged and number discreaed by demons.I want to share...
Hi everybody thanks...

Hi

This strategy was problably the 1st posted here.. kinda not a new one.. It also works better with griffins (more of NPC sells griffins+they fly)

Elwin
04-05-2009, 08:26 AM
NOt really demons are way mor effective, griphons do low damage and demon do quite much, especialy to units 1-3 (20k crits while in pentagram was quite normal in late game). Yes they are slow but there are some ways to pet them directrly into your enemies .. Personally i just teleported him at beggining of fight, my brother was swaping him with enemy archers with demoness infernal exchange ability( and with onslaught 3 anga's ruby demoness always go first )

Hento
04-07-2009, 12:11 PM
What about teleporting Knights in the middle of the enemy, giving it glot's armor, then issuing a circle attack?

Zonc
04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Before they're fully rounded they lose quite a lot numbers, and you have to waste first round spell on teleport.

Vulture
04-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Plus in case the armor holds, they can't do anything. Pretty unlikely but at least it's a point :>

Knights are imho a very bad choice as a tanking unit. Their fire resistance doesn't change anything in the missing dmg output and the single-retal aspect. Fire-based attacks, such as imps' and catapults' fire ball or dragons' fire breaths are either a) better off shackled or b) not 'target'able.

As your own dmg mostly extinguishes many issues when facing uncomfortable enemy setups it's imho a bad choice to bring such a defensive-only unit along. Demons, Griffins or at least self-containing 'tanks' like (ancient)vamps are in both dps wise and survival wise a better choice. Or no real tank at all in a range-based setup (and barrage from the hero ie a mage). Even that is - correct execution presumed - a better way to handle enemy dmg bombs.

Along with the teleport cast/turn waste because of their low speed, as Zonc stated correctly, they're practically useless.