PDA

View Full Version : Is there a definite release date for the expansion pack yet?

CyberGuy
03-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Is there a definite release date for the expansion pack yet?

Ryastar
03-17-2009, 02:02 AM
I wish there was, but no there isn't. It probably won't be out in english until the summer at least. It's supposed to come out in Russian sometime in the next few months, and it will take several months after that for the english translation.

Zhuangzi
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm getting a bit impatient for some news, even if it's just that the game is out in Russia.

More screenshots please! :)

Nitelite
03-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Unless the game ships in the next two weeks, it is going to miss their Q1 release date. I am actually worried about the limited information being released. Where is the build up? The hype?

Nitelite

Nike-it
03-20-2009, 07:15 AM
The game is going to be released in Russia in first part of April (most likely). About the foreign release there is no any concrete information yet. During next week I will post several updates from russian forum (pictures, small videos). So watch this thread;)

lauvhk
03-21-2009, 05:03 AM
I am just curious when was the original russian king's bounty released?

Koki
03-21-2009, 08:39 PM
April 25th.

@Nike-it: Will do!

Zhuangzi
03-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Judging by the relative release dates for KB, we might see the expansion in September. I can wait for brilliance like this. Just hope it lives up to my expectations. :-P

Metathron
03-22-2009, 09:30 PM
Judging by the relative release dates for KB, we might see the expansion in September. I can wait for brilliance like this. Just hope it lives up to my expectations. :-P

If so, it looks like I'll have to cancel my social life for Q4 of this year as well! :grin:

CyberGuy
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
The funny thing is, I have not even finished the King's Bounty yet. I am playing as a Mage and I am at level 27 so I am almost at the end. I am in the Labyrinth now.

However, I made this thread because I am have so much fun playing this game (and addicted to it as my wife has said) that I really want the expansion pack to come out soon.

Well, I guess in the mean time, I can try to finish the original game.

Nitelite
03-25-2009, 06:38 AM
I just finished my first time through this past weekend (Mage, normal). What a long game it was. I enjoyed the hell out of it and cannot wait for the expansion as well.

Nike-it
03-25-2009, 06:52 AM
As I promised here are several materials from upcomoing expansion. Today you can have a look at small videos with different creatures, which you will face in the game. Enjoy! And many thanks to Ajven from Katauri for these materials.

Ryastar
03-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Hmm, I appear to have the wrong application to play those videos. What one do I need?

Nike-it
03-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Hmm, I appear to have the wrong application to play those videos. What one do I need?

I played it with Media Player Classic.
Try to download most recent codecs. For example Klm codec pack.

Zhuangzi
03-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Thanks for that, Nike-it. Those clips were nice, but VERY short. We need more....

*whets appetite* :-P

Nike-it
03-26-2009, 09:45 AM
One more small video and several pictures. Enjoy

spamm
03-27-2009, 01:45 PM
10 april 2009 - Russian version.

New screenshots - http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/?type=gallery

Official trailer - http://www.youtube.com/1cgames?gl=RU&hl=ru or download 240 Mb (http://files.games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/files/video/kbap_trailer_1280x960.zip)

CyberGuy
03-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Is the expansion pack a stand-alone expansion in which you don't need the original game or do you need the original game in order to install and play the expansion pack?

CyberGuy
03-27-2009, 04:13 PM
It is going to be hard waiting for the English translation of the expansion pack.

spamm
03-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Is the expansion pack a stand-alone expansion in which you don't need the original game or do you need the original game in order to install and play the expansion pack?
stand-alone

Nitelite
03-27-2009, 06:01 PM
How long does it seriously take to translate a game? Given all the dialog and text in the original, I can't imagine that it would take someone knowlegable in both languages long to translate. This months later thing is BS.

aghiuta
03-27-2009, 08:18 PM
My thoughts exactly.
I work as a translator and I can easily do 10000 words/day.
Sadly I translate in the Romanian-English pair. But If somebody can translate russian-romanian I offer free translation for Romanian-English for this game.
Or maybe then just beta-test it on the russians before releasing a patched EN version.

CyberGuy
03-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I think that if you count the number of Russian players in the world and the number of players who can understand English, I would have to say that there are more of the latter. Therefore, they would also make more money selling people who are non-Russian speakers.

I guess Russian players are beta testers for any patches in the English version.

Zhuangzi
03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
10 april 2009 - Russian version.

New screenshots - http://games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/?type=gallery

Official trailer - http://www.youtube.com/1cgames?gl=RU&hl=ru or download 240 Mb (http://files.games.1c.ru/kingsbounty_princess/files/video/kbap_trailer_1280x960.zip)

I'm trying to d/l that trailer, but I'm getting like 11 KB/sec. Any reason why? :confused:

Could that file be hosted somewhere else? It will take 6 hours at the current rate.

EDIT: thanks for those screenshots, by the way. I've just looked through them with my 18 month old son and he is impressed. :) It looks like more of the same with some interesting new units and locations. I did see that there will be a Demonis-type section though. Can't freaking wait for this...

Leind
03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
I just finished King's Bounty and it was great. I am now waiting for the expansion. I watched the trailers and the games look great, I will purchase it as soon as it goes out in English.

But I'm rather dubious concerning some artistic choice.

The whole princess thing is ok with me -it's make perfect sense to continue the story with Amelie-. It would have been nice to continue and import our current heroes, but anyway they were very bland and lacked personality.

But why is the new spirit looking like a Pokemon? It seems to me that this game does not target a very young audience, but rather adolescents and adults.

Also, some new lizard units does not look as well as the original units.

I not especially looking forward for a tons of new units in the expansion, but for more of the same, especially the first continent.
I hope that all the areas will be as well crafted as Darion. The first continent was the best part of the game, as opposed for example to Murock or Meghard which were very bland.
If it's not possible, then please give access to a map editor.