PDA

View Full Version : Peasants vs. Dragons

CyberGuy
03-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Does anyone use peasants to fight dragons? I find that peasants are pretty strong in big number and do a lot of damage to the dragons.

I was trying to find a good way to fight the dragons and I find that a big number of peasants (2500+) can kill a few dragons.

My first turn ( I go first because of high initiative troops) is to set two level 3 traps and the dragons land on them and get some damage. Then the peasants would kill the rest of them with their pitchforks. The peasants are slow at moving but the dragons would just fly over to them so they don't really need to move fast or far.

Also, toward the end, you can sacrifice them for other nicer units. Then go back to the main King's castle and get some more since they are in "horde" number.

I am playing as level 24 mage at the moment.

Leind
03-17-2009, 04:36 AM
Early game the Peasant team spirit bonus is very good. But when you start to get more than 300 you get diminishing return.

For killing blackies I prefer to use low level archer (skeleton Archer for example) with Dragon arrow.

Sprite with Anga Ruby are pretty good too, no retaliation, and as you will have better initiative you can wait at first turn then strike two times in a row.

Zonc
03-17-2009, 07:45 PM
For killing blackies I prefer to use low level archer (skeleton Archer for example) with Dragon arrow.
That's what I was going to say ;) single shot of 12k damage kills a pack of 25 emerald dragons
Sprite with Anga Ruby are pretty good too, no retaliation, and as you will have better initiative you can wait at first turn then strike two times in a row.
Blackies have magic resistance so they're no good against them

Ryastar
03-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Sprites become okay against blackies with the poison dagger and to a lesser extent, ishara's whip since +1 damage for each item to several thousands of a troop makes quite a difference.