PDA

View Full Version : Save game improvement

Johannes
03-13-2009, 11:27 AM
Such a big issue i'll bring it up in a seperate thread.

Although I get that the intention of making saving easy to use by dividing into a set nr of saves per zone etc it has the big drawback of overwriting data you might want to keep.

Example:
You play a long game going through all zones a bunch of time. You restart the game and play for a while going through a couple of zones. result: you overwrite the old save games.

I feel it's one of those KB decision where they decided to use a slightly different approach than every other game on the market and it didn't work out for the best.

Seperate it into folders by character name (use windows style myname(2), myname(3) if needed) if you want to improve the standard.

There's also a loading time issue once you start having a big amount of saves, I can't for the world belive how 30 seconds is an apropriate time to load a bunch of screenshots with a semi-decent comp.

Leind
03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I noticed the increasing loading time too, so I just want to the save folder (in my documents/my games/king's bounty) and put all the old saves in another folder.