PDA

View Full Version : Using dragons with traps

CyberGuy
03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Well, I have level 3 traps but I cannot use it agains dragons because they always go first so I cannot put the traps before they fly over. Enemy dragons have such high initiative. I have horseman and cannoneers but they don't have as good initiative as enemy necromancer or dragons so I have to endure some loss in the first round if the enemy has necromancer or dragons. I don't have necromancer or dragons yet. I am now on level 20 Mage.

So how do use the traps effectively?

Ryastar
03-09-2009, 07:50 PM
The anti-dragon trap technique is actually less of a mage technique, because it largely depends on the onslaught skill. You need level one onslaught for sure to pull it off, and more levels really helps. If you cannot get the onslaught skill (which, as a mage, i usually make a priority for the use of my might runes because that extra init makes a big difference), then I would suggest trying to find items that boost your troops initiative.

As a side note, if you are level 20, you should be at least in ellinia, which means you DO have access to dragons, red and black are available in the land of the dead, and green in 1000 rivers. If you still have anga's ruby, you can use sprites or lake fairies, which combined with anga's ruby will have enough init to go before even black dragons (I am certain about lake fairies, but not 100% sure about the sprites going before blackies. Sprites are superior soldiers, though)

CyberGuy
03-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Yes, I am roaming around Ellinia but I have just been killing troops sporatically and not following any quest at the moment. I also did a lot of traveling by boat there to pick up a few items first and trying to avoid some battles for now.

I guess I will see some dragons soon.

Zonc
03-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Or you can use Undead + Dark Commander (+2 ini) and Rina in zombie version (+1 ini and speed). I love undead and the bonus is for whole fight not just first round.