PDA

View Full Version : Battle in ETW and XIII: differences

mitra
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I purchased ETW like many of you; sure some changes are very interesting, like the naval battle, and some aspects are better managed respect MTW2 (the range of musket), but for other things the battle isn't changed.

A first thing i find now boring is the passivity of the units: a unit can receive for hours a fire in the back without make any movement. After testing the self-control in XIII century it is very frustating to command all the minimal action in the middle of a battle.

Lethe
03-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Agree. The AI should handle the minor things on the battlefield, say if idle without user's command, it'll at least try to turn to guard mode and defend itself.

mitra
03-11-2009, 05:03 PM
I purchased ETW like many of you; sure some changes are very interesting, like the naval battle, and some aspects are better managed respect MTW2 (the range of musket), but for other things the battle isn't changed.

A first thing i find now boring is the passivity of the units: a unit can receive for hours a fire in the back without make any movement. After testing the self-control in XIII century it is very frustating to command all the minimal action in the middle of a battle.

I saw this is a true bug of ETW; if you move back a unit, also if the "green shadow" have the correct direction (face to enemy) the unit will be place in the position always with the face in the march direction (with the back exposed to enemy).

I think the 1C did a good choice to wait for the XIII addon after the ETW release; it will be many more discontented TW player that will pass to XIII. But anyway when the addon will be released :confused:

mitra
03-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Other problem of ETW: mortars and rockets are cheaters weapons (unrealistic range and precision)

mitra
03-11-2009, 09:12 PM
The cavalry flank or rear attacks are virtually without effects.

MARIAN
05-08-2009, 12:19 PM
So I play ETW, 250 games, 195 wins, have 9 stars etc.
Other problem of ETW: mortars and rockets are cheaters weapons (unrealistic range and precision)
Well play vs. camper, who play with mort & rockets (it was before last patch) i hase a win many time ;)

The cavalry flank or rear attacks are virtually without effects.
Its wrong m8 ;)
I did it many time, if u want can sant u my replays :)

mitra
05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Well play vs. camper, who play with mort & rockets (it was before last patch) i hase a win many time ;)

Yes, normally it is to win, but it is a very irritating lost of time play against campers

MARIAN
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
90% players are campers in ETW and XIII Century, but we - rashers knew that we must 2 do with campers ;)

mitra
05-08-2009, 09:31 PM
90% players are campers in ETW and XIII Century, but we - rashers knew that we must 2 do with campers ;)

I prefer the term "natural born attacker" :grin: