PDA

View Full Version : Few rage and gameplay questions

coolone
03-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone, pls help me with these troubles:
1) Are types of rage random or there are just those 4? i have already one activated- mage fight, second one want to be feeded with snakes. how exactly shall i do it? two others want to find some items and it looks that it can be done after lot of hours of play because its in the area i didnt explore yet. so i will get them later?
2) During the battle i can use just one rage type once? if this is true why to increase rage points if i dont use them. Are they good for something else?
3) Ive read here that creatures, artifacts are random. Im not able to find king snakes at all. Shall i restart the game or is there a way to upgrade normal or swamp snakes? i really want them. I think that authors should have keep 3Oprocent of these things same every game because e.g. stupid and non-usable cretures such as shooting thistle or what is is can be bought at 4 places in my game.
4) how to sell magic rolls? Ive got just option to throat them away..
5)im 5th level now, shall i visit land (cannot remember the name) with that dwarf with airship or its too difficult..
thannx for replies...m.

Ryastar
03-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi everyone, pls help me with these troubles:
1) Are types of rage random or there are just those 4? i have already one activated- mage fight, second one want to be feeded with snakes. how exactly shall i do it? two others want to find some items and it looks that it can be done after lot of hours of play because its in the area i didnt explore yet. so i will get them later?
2) During the battle i can use just one rage type once? if this is true why to increase rage points if i dont use them. Are they good for something else?
3) Ive read here that creatures, artifacts are random. Im not able to find king snakes at all. Shall i restart the game or is there a way to upgrade normal or swamp snakes? i really want them. I think that authors should have keep 3Oprocent of these things same every game because e.g. stupid and non-usable cretures such as shooting thistle or what is is can be bought at 4 places in my game.
4) how to sell magic rolls? Ive got just option to throat them away..
5)im 5th level now, shall i visit land (cannot remember the name) with that dwarf with airship or its too difficult..
thannx for replies...m.

1) Not sure what you means by types of rage - there are the four rage spirits, and yes, of course you will get them all by the end. You feed sleem snakes (either swamp or royal, or poisonous spiders) by having some in your army (make sure not to have too many, just give him a few at a time, he will take all of them that are in your army) and then talking to him and telling him you have food for him.
2) You can use only one rage ability per round of combat, and each ability has a cooldown before you can use that spirit again. So, that's how you use rage. Also, the more rage you have, the higher chance your units' attacks will crit.
3) First, there is no such things as a stupid or non usable troop, they all have their uses, just some are less useful than others. As for the royal snakes, are you sure you have checked everywhere? I know for a fact that the snake woman in Arlania ALWAYS has royal snakes for sale (only about 100, but still, they are there) also, sometimes after completing quests for people they will have new troops for sale - ones to check are: both frogmen castles and both witches huts in marshan swamp and whats-his-face the animal seller in greenwort (where you get the bear and beholder quests).
4) To sell magic rolls, you go to the magic bakery where you bought them and say that they don't have enough chocolate chips, the baker will then give you your money back. However, it is FAR better to eat them and gain the stat upgrade instead. Sorry, I couldn't resist making fun of that small typo. Anyways, to sell magic scrolls, go to any castle, and open up your spell book. Right click on the spells you want to sell, and voila. You will even be able to buy them back at a later date if you are so inclined.
5) It is totally up to you, it depends on how comfortable you feel with your ability to command. It is completely possible, though it takes forever, to beat the enemy there with only one archmage and two stacks of one thorn each. Choose this for yourself, but I will mention that I am usually level 6 or 7 when I end up heading there.

coolone
03-02-2009, 03:10 PM
thanxx a lot, clear and exhaustive answer.
Anyway last thing to ask. how does upgrading of creatures work? ability or building needed?

Ryastar
03-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Unlike heroes of might and magic, nearly all creatures don't get upgraded. I know it seems like there are "upgraded" versions of troops (for example, swordsmen and guardsmen look almost exactly the same, both being armored men with swords, and guardsmen have better stats and abilities), but they can't actually get upgraded. The only exception is priests. With the inquisitor skill (which is at the top of the mind skill tree) you can upgrade priests to inquisitors at any time.