PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Vampires: Not draining life

eXeel
03-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I had 75 ancient vampires which worked well, as they revived themselves.
Now I was in a battle where they didn't do it. Is it only the first few turns, they can ress themselves, or what creatures CAN'T they ress against? Is it just against human and elf and dwarfs?

Another thing is, why can't I purchase new bats? I have Ancient Vampire (Bat) and I want to buy Ancient Vampire (manform). I tried changing them in combat to man, but show as bats outside of combat anyways. Nothing to do about that? Isn't that a bug?

Ryastar
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
They can only suck blood from units that have blood, so not undead or plants or golems etc. They can suck from most units, so your problem was likely that you were trying to make them suck from a unit that doesn't have blood. Another possible cause of the problem is that they will only replace units up to however many they started the combat with. So if you used sacrifice to increase the stack, that would prevent bloodsucking.

As for your other problem, I don't quite understand. You currently have ancient vampire bats, and you want to hire more? Well, you will have to find more bat form ones, because the game considers them separate units. No use of an ability in combat will change what the base unit is. Just like when you make your vampires turn into bats, they are just technically vampires in bat form, your bats just become bats in vampire form.

A word of warning: if you have both kinds of ancient vampires (both bat and man) in your army during a combat, and you make either stack change form, you will suddenly have too many of whichever type, and they will rebel against you.

eXeel
03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh, good to know... Thank you, answered my questions :)