PDA

View Full Version : Ambient sounds missing....??

Colonel Kilgore
02-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Another member picked this up on a previous thread. I agree some ambient sounds are missing in the demo anyway. Maybe this is fixed already i do not know.

Soldiers HOWW2 had quite a selection of ambient sounds.

Colonel Kilgore

DMS|Instinct
02-26-2009, 02:41 PM
There are many background sounds, but they are not used for every mission. Since they run on the music layer, make sure you enabled in-game music.

Colonel Kilgore
02-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Well there you go the in game music i do not like using so that would be it.
Thanks for your heads up !!

Colonel Kilgore...

SpencerK
03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Another member picked this up on a previous thread. I agree some ambient sounds are missing in the demo anyway. Maybe this is fixed already i do not know.

Soldiers HOWW2 had quite a selection of ambient sounds.

Colonel Kilgore

This was a gripe in my other thread - I cannot here any ambient sounds, at all - this is not the demo. Only talking, gunfire and when a tank moves - at to be honest, they sound muted.. I have to turn my speakers up about 90% to here them. There is something wrong with the sounds in this, potentially, great game.

DMS|Instinct
03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Make sure your sound system is correctly assigned in the options, also play further than the first mission, it may not have the best soundenvironment to judge.

SpencerK
03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Make sure your sound system is correctly assigned in the options, also play further than the first mission, it may not have the best soundenvironment to judge.

Actually, the only option I seem to have in the "Audio System" settings is MSS (Miles Sound System?) Direct Sound - I'm not sure if this equates to my Audigy 2 ZS sound card though, as in most games there is a choice to choose which audio system to choose..

Can you choose a different sound system?