PDA

View Full Version : Can the GUI be modded?

City Builder
02-25-2009, 09:52 AM
I would like to mod the GUI in a reasonably basic way.

The GUI that we have when in the fighting screen, has the ability icon row in the bottom right corner of the screen, I propose to move it more towards the center bottom of the screen.

Why? You might wonder, simply because even with more hours into the game then I care to admit, on a 24" screen that icon row is over down in the right bottom corner of my screen and pretty much out of site for me. I never remember to use any of my creatures abilities that might show up down there because I just don't see it over there. When I use to play games on a smaller monitor years and years and years ago, (19" at1280x1024, your eyes can take in the entire image on the monitor at one time, but with these larger monitors and them being up so close to your body/face/eyes I can't see the whole image on the monitor at one time but rather have to scan around the monitor to see all of what is going on. And I don't do this in the battles so I always miss my creatures special abilities if they have any.

So anyway, I simply would like to move that icon block from the bottom right corner of the GUI to the bottom middle of the screen.

Is this possible, if so maybe someone could give me a hint as to which files need to be altered to accomplish this please.

Thank you,

Keneth
02-26-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, the GUI can be modded. Gui definitions are written in UI files, textures are inside interface_textures.kfs, and the text is in LNG files. Can't give you any specifics though, you'll just have to explore a little.