PDA

View Full Version : How do I know how strong the enemy is?

City Builder
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I've played Heroes V on and off, not a whole lot but at least enough to where I understand what it's doing and it makes sence to me.

Based on that I did enjoy the time I spent in HOMM5, I bought KB. But the are times (actually all the time) that I am in a battle and am left wondering how strong the enemy is.

I know that I will put my mouse cursor over an enemy when its one of my troops turns and it will tell me if it will kill any of them in that stack and if so how many give or take. This is fine and all, but there are times that my troops don't kill the enemy in one hit, and I see text in the window at the bottom of the screen that xxx enemy takes xxx damage.

Well, how many damage can the enemy take before one enemy in the stack dies? I don't see this information, maybe I have to double click on enemy? Or hold special keyboard key while mouseover to see full information that would allow me to send the right toon to do the job?

Any information appreciated. Oh has anybody seen a video tutorial on how to properly play this, and if so, where is it located please.

Thanks,

eXeel
02-25-2009, 11:20 AM
If you right click the mob group, you can see "health", I believe it is called. That is the damage each mob in the group can take before it dies.

I don't understand your question. Don't you see Attack, Defense, Health, Damage etc, when you right click a mob?
And when you hover over a mob, ready to attack it, doesn't it show how many will die (5-7 for 800-877 damage)?

Dimension
02-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Press Alt and you can see the health of your enemy. This is helpful for enemies with much HP like dragons, giants etc.
You only need to press it once, and it should then show up for the rest of the game.
If this is what you were asking about anyway. :)