PDA

View Full Version : This game needs more Publicity

Scottyb825
02-23-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi all I'm new to this forum but I have been a long time fan of flight simulators. I use to play the Jane's series of flights sims all the time when I was younger and I have been looking for a good combat flight sim ever since. I'm pumped to see this coming to 360 but I have noticed nobody seems to be talking about it. Actually there was a point I was afriad it had been scrapped or something because no gaming websites (ign, gamespot) were talking about it. I'm glad the game is still set to release in August (so I hear) but thats the time of year the fall releases begin to come out and there is always some attention grabbers out there.

In order for this game to succeed there has to be developer interviews with the big dogs of gaming. People need to start seeing more of the game and it has to be advertised. I think a few new trailers are needed as well and those trailers have to appeal to not only us hardcore sim fans but also the more casual gamers as well. While I really enjoyed the first trailers I've seen I think there has to be more "action" than just showing a few clips of planes flying. For example if any of you have seen the show Dogfights on the History Channel then I think the trailer should take more of that kind of feel. It will get people pumped to buy the game. Here is a link to what I'm talking about if you never saw the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H282DVlZVQA

I really want this game to succeed but I know making a big impact on the consoles is hard, especially for sims. All of the flight games on the 360 are built for the casual gamers that have the attention spans of a 6 year olds and those are the gamers that will need to be made to think "wow this is a sim and its still gets my blood goin!"

Tomo
02-23-2009, 07:40 PM
The CEO of the development company (Gaijin Entertainment) visits here often. He said to expect more media in about a month.

I think the game is further off that we were expecting. I wouldn't be surprised with a November or December '09 release date now. It seems like the PS3 development is holding things up (very common for cross-platform games).

I have a feeling it will be worth the wait though :grin:

guiltyspark
02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I hope to god that they dont release this game during the holidays , It would get SLAUGHTERED in sales by the first party titles.

If they are a long ways off , it would be smart to push the releases into january/february when gamers are bored out of their minds with the holiday games.

And in the down time they could work towards getting a beta test going to test the netcode of the game before it ships

Scottyb825
02-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Yes it would get slaughtered in the fall if it releases then. Now I'm no advertising guru and I'm not sure what the cost are but I would think a smart idea would be running ads on the front page of myspace once it gets closer to the release date. Sort of the same way movies advertise on myspace as well. Just an idea. With a cool trailer autoplaying when you log into it, would be sure to grab attention. But it has to be an attention grabbing trailer...not just some planes flying around to bad music as somebody in another post put it.

guiltyspark
02-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Yes it would get slaughtered in the fall if it releases then. Now I'm no advertising guru and I'm not sure what the cost are but I would think a smart idea would be running ads on the front page of myspace once it gets closer to the release date. Sort of the same way movies advertise on myspace as well. Just an idea. With a cool trailer autoplaying when you log into it, would be sure to grab attention. But it has to be an attention grabbing trailer...not just some planes flying around to bad music as somebody in another post put it.
honestly , the very best advertising they could possibly do is release a solid gameplay demo a few weeks before release.

I dont think myspace ads would do anything for this game , in fact , most people know that adds for games on social networking sites are those terrible web browser games , so it would be like labling the game shi*** from the start

Desode
02-25-2009, 03:18 AM
(This comment is in reference to xbox 360 BOP sales only)

Honestly Xboxlive is the best marketing you can have for a 360 game.
I have never seen anything like it in console gaming or even gaming.

Word of mouth sells games on the 360. Everything is so intertwined that word of mouth can make a game a huge hit or it can kill it before the full game hits the shelves. I have seen games run tv ads left and right and still fall to the waste side in under a month. If a top notch demo hits LIVE then that demo will sell the game,because Xboxlive is like a Old ladies hair salon ! Really it is ! Gaming Gossip/word of mouth is the ultimate form of marketing on the 360. Any game company that doesn't understand that by now is headed for problems with their games sales on a 360 game.
Lets pray that 1C understands that and grasps it full on. They can't afford to not release a demo and top notch Action trailers onto Xboxlive.

DESODE

xNikex
02-25-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree Desode...;)

1C should make an awesome trailor on xboxLive.

Once people see something like that on there, you'll have people begging for release (praying June or July at this point) and have this forum filled with more members and threads and make the website (when made) a huge a hit with many people visiting it everyday to get the latest news on IL2BoP.:)

I understand the game is nearly finished and is now being made in all versions of consoles, but I wish they would advertise it just a little bit more. All of these other famous games coming to consoles are releasing trailors every other week. But I think IL2 is way better than them and should therefor get its name out.:cool:

Scottyb825
02-26-2009, 01:53 AM
Desode is right. I can't remember how many times I've been in a multiplayer match only to hear people say "hey did you hear and about that game...it looks awesome!". I think I really good example of good marketing on xbox live is Mirrors Edge. Before that demo hit the market nobody was talking about that game. Then once that demo hit xbox live everybody was talking about that game. Birds of Prey needs to take major advantage of xbox live.

44Runner
02-26-2009, 07:31 PM
I know one thing I am doing is telling all my gaming buddies that I play with about it. I am working most of them into the frenzy I have been in for this game since I found out about it. I just hope I can wait 5 more months, lol.

OntheCrab
02-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Xboxlive is like a Old ladies hair salon ! Really it is ! Gaming Gossip/word of mouth is the ultimate form of marketing on the 360. .

They can't afford to not release a demo and top notch Action trailers onto Xboxlive.

As someone who just recently tapped into the 'new xbox live experience', this is 100% percent accurate.

The whole dna of the interface is built around pushing new titles, and as a gamer you love that.

Demo and HQ trailers are essential. Anything that doesn't cost microsoft points gets eaten up! hahah

Douglas Bader
03-26-2009, 01:38 PM
When I'm looking at you guys, we are talking about a very, very small group posting there guts over here. Hasn't this forthcoming game landed in the community or what. IL-2 has been supported on the PC for many years(and still is). Were are all those gamers. If it's just us they only need 10 copies :grin: and we'll have no problems with lag. It would make this forum more worthwile if we increased our numbers. More ideas that might be fit in the game as it is. Like your opinion on this.

JsRacingS2k
03-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I think right now its the lack of a web site for the game...Once that hits I think the forums numbers will start growing.

xNikex
03-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Yes, once website is launched when Anton gets back IL2 fans and more excited gamers will hear about and definately participate in the forum.:cool:

If you think about it, there are probebly only 20(maybe) people that actually post here often. (I check everyday for good news.:grin:)

I've told many of my friends and many others about this game and are very excited and become 'wide-eyed' when they see the trailor.:grin:

Tomo
03-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm patiently waiting for a) the release date b) some 1080p official videos on the XBL marketplace.

Anton - if you are reading - please encourage your publisher to invest in XBL Marketplace advertising. There is no better source of direct marketing available. A game like BoP with it's striking visuals would benefit immensly from this exposure.

Stanrosquain
03-27-2009, 05:42 PM
The 1C Company forum is not the only forum which speaks regularly BoP. We also have our little community in a French forum and we are also anxious that all this game release;) http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/0-16684-0-1-0-1-0-0.htm

trk29
03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm patiently waiting for a) the release date b) some 1080p official videos on the XBL marketplace.

Anton - if you are reading - please encourage your publisher to invest in XBL Marketplace advertising. There is no better source of direct marketing available. A game like BoP with it's striking visuals would benefit immensly from this exposure.

Hey Anton also look into PS Home since now there is three new home spaces going in a month this would be a great place to advertise as well!!

xNikex
03-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Please put it on XboxLIVE!!!

There isn't a better place!!!

GabeFan
04-09-2009, 05:47 PM
This link with the new screen shots give a release date of July 31, 2009!!

http://www.qj.net/New-IL-2-Sturmovik-Bird-of-Prey-Xbox-360-screenshots/pg/49/aid/130203

TofuStoreDrift
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM

http://www.qj.net/New-IL-2-Sturmovik-Bird-of-Prey-Xbox-360-screenshots/pg/49/aid/130203

Hey thats only 113 days away according to him /\, yippie! But according to him \/, we still have 159 days, boooo.:mad:

trk29
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey thats only 113 days away, yippie!
I just reserved at GameStop today and it was priced at $49.99 and release date of September 15

xNikex
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Websites usually put their guessed release date at the end of the month to put worse senario so they dont miss.

I would hope for something like a July 4th release. That would be neat.:)