PDA

View Full Version : Wish: Actions affect gameworld

Ryastar
02-21-2009, 04:41 AM
I have played through the freedom islands over ten times now (due to restarts after access to kordar does not give me the troops/spells i want) and every time, I think the same thing. I always kill lucky James and all his guards, because James is a jerk and it's more fun that way. And also because I want to free those dwarves. Through trying to get roasted rats off of them, you get to hear (okay, read) all sort of comments and complaints, and personally, I start to feel sorry for them. It frustrates me that there is no way to free them - despite the fact that I've killed all the guards, they still continue to slave away there, even saying the same complaints.

My point is, it would truly take this awesome game to a higher level of awesomeness if we could interact with the world in this manner. I wish that you actually could free those slaves. I wish that any major actions like killing Lucky James would have an actual impact on the world.

I can't think of any other situations in the main game where this kind of thing could be done, but I know they exist (any thoughts?).

I may not have expressed this well, but do you all get what i mean?

Zhuangzi
02-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Yes. You want the game world to be more responsive and to actually make logical sense. Unfortunately games as nearly always full of these kinds of problems or inconsistencies. It's true that King's Bounty doesn't really excel in this regard. :!: