PDA

View Full Version : A little confused with Troops

Drakxldp
02-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I started the game as a mage and most of my units are fairys. They all died and I have needed to use human troops, but their moral are neutral. But now they are all dead, Im no where near a new title, have lots of quests, and I have bought all the archer, swordsmen and almost all the mage troops. How do I get more of them, because soon Im going to run out off all troops except peasants. Please help me understand whats going on, I like the game, but I dont know how to refresh troops.

Koki
02-20-2009, 07:45 PM
You're taking way too many casualties. Check out the Top 10 tips thread, abuse Fireball, and maybe play on Easy if you aren't already.

Only humans you should be using at this point are Archers(They suck but there's really nothing else out there yet) and Priests(Double damage against Undead)/Inquisitors(If you're lucky and can find them) anyway. Non-humans are generally better.

As for the troops, there are two ways they "replenish":
- In Darion capital and the Magic Academy(The one in Verlon Forest, not the one just outside the capital itself), new troops will be available each time you earn a new title, which you do by doing quests for the King.
- In some neutral locations, mostly castles, new troops become available if you do the quests tied to that location.

Stepsongrapes
02-20-2009, 08:13 PM
It's is possible to lose the game in the sense that you get your self to the point where you have too little cash and too little troop options.

As poster above said, it sounds like you're losing way too many troops in your current game.

For the most part, you shouldn't rely/expect troops to replenish. As mentioned, there will be limited replenishment at existing locations, the real supply of troops comes from advancing in the game to access new troop sellers.

So, that means your not losing because you don't know how to replenish troops, it's because you are needing to replenish troops too much.

The solution may be to start a new game (perhaps at a lower difficulty) and work on picking your battles in the right order so as to limit loses and preserve gold.

Progressing in the game requires a combination of doing the right thing tactically in battles, but also doing the right thing in the map phase by picking fights in a reasonable order and selecting the right troop combinations.