PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay suggestions

Johannes
02-09-2009, 10:57 PM
First off, thanks for the new king of the hill of the genere and a game I might replay in 10 years and still like, keep paying attention to detail, keep the good people and use common sense and I'm sure you will prevail in the sequel.

Some minor thoughts on improvments:
1. Really need to be able to reskill somehow, should be expensive (affect score,cash,runes, force you to marry gerda (I kid, I kid) whatever seems like a good balance). If it's part of some big scheme to make the player replay the game using a different build I kindof buy that.

2. After you finish a fight no nearby forces should attack you for 5 seconds (or 3, whatever seems reasonable), trying to dodge two troops, failing and engaging one, barely winning the battle and then you have a microsecond to try to save or use a mana/rage pot before the next battle begins is a very frustrating thing in this game. If you're worried about abuse, freeze the players character for the same amount of time, the main thing is that I want time to save and possibly use a pot.

3. Translation to english was ok at a ~95% in this one but people notice the misstakes in not only spelling but choice of words and grammar, 100% would make it look alot more professional.

4. There could be more classes.

5. The classes could be done better, there was not alot of inovation when comming up with the skill trees, the standard template from the last 20 years works but it would not have hurt to think a bit more outside the box on this point.
(warrior: get troops, damage and rage.
paladin: get adventure skills and what the others have
mage: get damage,mana and enable them to have more spells).
See my point? A bit crude. You could still keep that as the core but branch out a bit and go crazy sometimes. Strong abilities that also have a downside effect is missing and usally makes it a bit more interesting.

6. Small one: It's not optimal that when you explore say a grave and there's units in it but you're full, it just destroys the troops forever. Rather mark it as (Visited, skelleton archer: 6). I understand that you don't want to make every grave into "a shop" in it's behavior since that would be anoying too, you'll have to treat it as a seperate case with logic along the lines of: if full, take none, update note to the above, else take all.

Still, take it the right way, wouldn't have bothered posting unless you where really on to something great.

dukenukem
02-10-2009, 06:53 AM
and i can add somethings.

for example we need more assistive markets such as upgrade shop,shops that some properties can be upgraded with money,and some spells like town portal so that game will be easier and time wasting,finally more kind of heroes is necessary for perfect 10/10 game...thanks

jwallstone
02-11-2009, 07:21 AM
"6. Small one: It's not optimal that when you explore say a grave and there's units in it but you're full, it just destroys the troops forever. Rather mark it as (Visited, skelleton archer: 6). I understand that you don't want to make every grave into "a shop" in it's behavior since that would be anoying too, you'll have to treat it as a seperate case with logic along the lines of: if full, take none, update note to the above, else take all."

I completely agree. This bugs me consistently. Since there is no way to tell beforehand whether a grave has money or troops, you're left with leaving them all untouched or trying every one and losing lots of potential troops. It's especially annoying because it would have been so simple to just code it the way you suggest.

aghiuta
02-22-2009, 02:58 AM
A good ideea for an expansion would be the abilityto start the story from different points.
The current warrior gets bonuses for human troops so it is forced a bit to use them or give up the bonuses.
You could instead start a main quest for a crystal of creation (or something similar) sought by all races.
You can play as each race and set the difficulty of the quests based on the distance from the starting homeworld.
For example if you play human the difficulty of the human quests is 10-50 and demon land quests is 50-95 but if you start from demon the demon land quests are 10-50 and the human quests are 50-95.
The main search can evolve on neutral lands so that the difficulty will be the same regardless on the starting world.
In this manner the demon warrior can have skills benefiting demons.
Same for mages: make demons more gifted for fire magic, undead for death/poison spells, dwarf mages could use ice spells and so on.
I could make this a 20 pages post but you should be playing not reading so I end it here :D.