PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik on console

Savage_Henry
02-04-2009, 09:03 PM
IL-2 Sturmovik on PC had a mission editor and 64 player online. Will the console versions have the same features or will we be forced :rolleyes: to buy extra missions as DLC and play with a maximum of 16 players online as it is often the case with this generation console games.

Raw Kryptonite
02-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Personally, I'm fine with 16 players and private rooms.
MUST have private rooms, I don't care to play with the random unwashed masses. ;)
I'll pay for DLC for any game that's worth it. I want the developers and publishers to make money and continue putting out a good game. I don't want it to be like a PC game where I depend on people I don't know and have to trust to put out content (that I don't trust). PC flight games have also died off due to player mods and content, making them less reliant on buying actual new games---the flight sim market is a great example of that. 15 years ago flight sims were everywhere--not so anymore. The most recent flight games I have are IL2 and Lock On. DCS Blackshark is practically an indie game, the only way you get new flight games. So, I'll support these companies when they give me what I want. I don't want this genre to die off again.

Put the game out, make it good and I'll keep buying dlc and new versions of the game. Give me private MP rooms and I'll keep playing the game.

Savage_Henry
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
According to this (http://www.avidgamer.co.uk/index.php/Previews/Preview-IL-2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey.html) preview the game will only have 8 player online mode, no mention of a mission editor.

Raw Kryptonite
02-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, 8 isn't a lot. I'll take it though.
I just want some good game types other than deathmatch junk. Bombing run attack/defend...good lobby system...at least make it good.

Anton Yudintsev
02-04-2009, 11:31 PM
According to this (http://www.avidgamer.co.uk/index.php/Previews/Preview-IL-2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey.html) preview the game will only have 8 player online mode, no mention of a mission editor.

The number will actually depends on VoIP.

xNikex
02-05-2009, 03:20 AM
will we have a veriety of options in private matches?
like:
lives
planes/jets
time/score limit
difficulty for "hardcore" or "realistic" player?

will still have the option of jumping/ejecting from our doomed planes in missions or (maybe but unlikely)online?