PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice

megajon
01-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I have played the game at least through to the dwarven lands 4 times now, and still never have found one copy of the spell. It erks me the consistancy I see the spell referred to as some kinda crutch here on this forum, like it's an automatic find.. "just use sacrifice" yadda yadda yadda... I believe there are alot of people using some kinda hero editting I have heard referrence to on a post or two, and not owning up to it.

If you are playing the game with all these great handicaps, IE "no units purchased" or "no losses impossible" etc.. yet you are using cheats, who really cares!

Metathron
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Sacrifice is a high-end spell not easily found in the first half of the game. So keep searching, you might find it in Demonis or somewhere else.

P.S.: For me, the rarest spell so far has been Gift, so all the people mentioning Gift + Inquisitors has been equally irksome.

Dabrinko
01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
I have never found God armor (Divine armor?), so no resistance spell for me.

Ryastar
01-26-2009, 03:11 PM
In my last game (a mage) there was no res scroll anywhere. I had to rely on gift + inquisitors and timeback.

Metathron: that is WEIRD! In my experience, gift is one of the more common spells. I had at least 20 scrolls of it in my warrior game, which was nice as that saved me a lot of mana.

As for sacrifice, I've usually found it in the freedom islands, but not always. You have to actually finish a game through to the end, searching everywhere possible and not find something before you can declare it to be completely absent.

fable
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
In 4 games on impossible I've found Sacrifice in Freedom Island 2 times, once later in Demonis, and once nowhere (I've restarted it in Demonis, as it was a must-have for the no-buy strategy, couldn't get to elven lands without it)

In my current game I've checked all of Demonis, most of Elven land and Land of the Dead, and still missing Resurrect and Target.

Sacrifice is not even a high-end spell like Armageddon. While it's a nice spell, if you're not playing no-buy or no-loss game, it's just a spell.

I doubt anyone uses cheats, but there are neat tricks that can get you through difficult times. There're tricks to beat the giant turtle without big armies. You can collect a lot of cash in Freedom Island without killing anything and buy the map with cash. With that you can enter the dwarven lands, and from there you can lure the enemies out of corridors and sneak past them, even into Demonis. That gives you access a lot of traders with possible Sacrifice spell, practically without killing anything.

jwallstone
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm playing as a warrior and am working through the Freedom Isles. I found sacrifice at the set of linked islands in the northwest region of the western islands, where the three brothers are vying to take over their father's inheritance. The youngest brother offered Sacrifice, Hell's Breath, both of which I didn't have. That might be a good place to look. I still have yet to find Gift or Resurrection though.

lauvhk
01-27-2009, 05:41 AM
It is just a matter of randomness. :cool:

Johannes
02-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Ah so this is how I'll get more sprites and lake fairies. Extremly good but for part of a game I didn't realize how limited the stocks where and now I'm running low :s