PDA

View Full Version : Ok....

SlappyDingle
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
We're moving into February and we still aren't seeing much in the way of promotion for BoP. It might be nice to beat HoE to the punch and hit the media with a bunch of movies or dev interviews soon wouldn't it? I, for one, don't want to see what happened to Flatout:Ultimate Carnage happen to this game. Small Finnish developer Bugbear created the best looking/driving racer on the 360 but because there was no promotion or word of mouth, it was swallowed up by the massive marketing push of the 1 dimensional Burnout series.

Shame really...

guiltyspark
01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
this game is actually doing rather well on the PR side of things.

they have released i believe 3 videos showing the game engine and gameplay , and there are some dev walkthroughs hidden across these boards.

If you look in some of the threads you will see great questions answered by the CEO of gaijen

I could name a few games that are doing MUCH MUCH worse on the PR side of things. such as gearbox's aliens colonial marines.

anyway

Im sure they are working on press stuff right now for the game.

Anton has not been on for awhile so that means he has been rather busy with things

Tomo
01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
I think some hd vids on xbl would be a great way to generate interest.

Also a new 'hands on' session with the major gaming sites (ign, txb, gamespot etc) would be good. I think it was June 08 that these major sites last mentioned bop.

Love it or hate it hype is the way games are sold these days. With battle stations and Heroes over Europe coming out around the same time, bop will need a rocksolid marketing campaign. (marketing is what I do - anton, send me a message if you need a hand with the Australian marketing campaign).

Buggins
01-26-2009, 08:43 AM
X Blades is releasing soon, Anton's probably busy with that. I'm looking forward to HAWX and Heroes over Europe but they're just stop gaps til BoP. But yeah, we need just a little snippet of info to keep us going..;)

SlappyDingle
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
Sorry Guilty, but other than the 6 or so of us that frequent this BoP forum, I don't think the buried dev interview links are really getting out to the masses. Judging from the number of us on this forum, I don't think too many people are coming here...

I shouldn't have to go hunting through 25 clips on YouTube to find an interview with one of the devs that has terrible sound and another interview going on in the background...

sasquatch
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I keep eagerly checking every week, hoping to see some new info on this game. The wait is killing me. With the lack of a website, promotion, etc., I get the feeling that we may not see this game for quite a while. :(

PedroTheGoat
01-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I check up on this forum fairly regularly. My friends and I are convinced that this is going to be one of the best titles of 2009. Within my gaming community we are quite excited about this game.

Tomo
01-27-2009, 02:06 AM
I keep eagerly checking every week, hoping to see some new info on this game. The wait is killing me. With the lack of a website, promotion, etc., I get the feeling that we may not see this game for quite a while. :(

Yeah i'm still hoping for a quarter 2 release. But it is not looking likely.

The only games i'm interested in for 2009 are IL2 and Codemasters Formula 1. Unfortunately both are looking like Qtr 3 or 4 releases.

Anton Yudintsev
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah i'm still hoping for a quarter 2 release. But it is not looking likely.

The only games i'm interested in for 2009 are IL2 and Codemasters Formula 1. Unfortunately both are looking like Qtr 3 or 4 releases.

Sorry guys for my absence - was quiet busy with Beta.
Although we already have Beta on our hands, I can confirm that Q2 is unlikely.
There are few reasons, the main are: Publisher want to make simulatneous release for all platforms (including handhelds), than it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.
Also, publisher wants some gameplay changes for 'arcade' difficulty mode (basically, make arcade mode more arcade). It won't affect 'realistic' and 'simulation' difficulty levels, so don't panic.

Good news - we will be able to spend additional month or so on polishing the game.
Of course, I still can't name you the exact Street Date - cause I am not allowed to. And, once again - it will be released this year :)

Thunderbolt56
01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Sorry guys for my absence - was quiet busy with Beta.
Although we already have Beta on our hands, I can confirm that Q2 is unlikely.
There are few reasons, the main are: Publisher want to make simulatneous release for all platforms (including handhelds), than it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.
Also, publisher wants some gameplay changes for 'arcade' difficulty mode (basically, make arcade mode more arcade). It won't affect 'realistic' and 'simulation' difficulty levels, so don't panic.

Good news - we will be able to spend additional month or so on polishing the game.
Of course, I still can't name you the exact Street Date - cause I am not allowed to. And, once again - it will be released this year :)

From the horse's mouth...Thanks Anton. ;)

Tomo
01-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the info Anton!

Looking forward to the demo :-P

xNikex
02-01-2009, 07:42 PM
I do agree that only the few people that get on this forum really know about BoP (I've been reading this forum but never posted anything).

IMO you guys really need to make another trailor and widely advertise it to get players' attention away from HoE and Battle Stations and towards you guys and IL2.

Also, I really doubt making IL2 for DS and PSP is worth delaying the game by another quarter. Its only going to make players suffer (watching the trailor for the first time and realizing you have to wait a year or so to play it).

All in all, I love what you guys are doing but the wait is killing us. I have told everyone I know about this game(so far that is the only way its truely getting around) we are excited and cant wait to play.

Raw Kryptonite
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM
it is not good idea to release games in June (which was possible), and, it is very likely we'll release Demo version first - which also takes a bit of time.

Unfortunate June won't happen--earlier even better. ;)
I hope this doesn't get put off to the annual onslaught of games that come in the Fall. A lot of good games get completely overlooked due to the sheer volume of releases that dilute all of their sales. People simply can't afford to buy all games that look good all at one time like that. It's too bad more games don't come out throughout the year so they can all get the attention they deserve. You could have a great game, but release it amongst all of the others and the sales won't really reflect how successful the game *could* have been if it had come out at a time when it could get more attention. I'd say that's especially true for a game that's different than other console offerings, that will require many gamers to consider playing something new to them. Not everyone has played the PC game, you need attention and people that want a new game. Wait until that usual Sept-Nov stretch, and that's not good.

This game is the biggest release of the year for me, I want it to succeed so we get more in the future.

Tomo
02-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Hey,

I totally agree with you two guys above!

Holding back the game for a simultaneous release on handhelds would be crazy. :confused:

Releasing anywhere close to the busy season would also be crazy. :confused: So many games did poorly last year just because of the time they were released and what they we competing with. Mirrors Edge is an excellent example.

This game needs some breathing space from the crazy period. Based on what we've seen (i know it's not much) i think it will be receiving excellent reviews. The developers have done their job, but i can't help but feel that the publishers are making some questionable decisions.

No disrespect intended - i just want to see this game do well.

Buggins
02-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Hey,

I totally agree with you two guys above!

Holding back the game for a simultaneous release on handhelds would be crazy. :confused:

Releasing anywhere close to the busy season would also be crazy. :confused: So many games did poorly last year just because of the time they were released and what they we competing with. Mirrors Edge is an excellent example.

This game needs some breathing space from the crazy period. Based on what we've seen (i know it's not much) i think it will be receiving excellent reviews. The developers have done their job, but i can't help but feel that the publishers are making some questionable decisions.

No disrespect intended - i just want to see this game do well.

I totally agree. Come on publishers, pull your finger out.

PedroTheGoat
02-03-2009, 07:56 AM
I reserved this game as soon as it hit the book at Gamestop. I believe in the Gamestop book it says 6/27/09. (Give or take a day) I guess this goat will be waiting a bit longer. This also is my most anticipated release of 09. That's okay though. Take all the time you need to make this game as great as I imagine it will be. :grin:

xNikex
02-05-2009, 03:13 AM
I used to play this game all the time til my PC got destroyed and i bought a xbox360 and i can't wait to be united once again and on my favorite console!:grin:

With other popular past PC games going to consoles like ArmAII and OFP2 coming out soon (or at least got more press attention in a shorter time), IL2 should come out in the same trimester or release a good demo (probebly one map with 2 or 3 planes?) and it would be a huge hit!:-)

I know this game is going to be huge but I (and aperently everybody else here) are greatly concerened about when it will be released.:(

Please make us smile...:grin:

PooHew
02-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Looking forward to this game, play on the Pc version and have always wonderd why the 360 or ps3 hasn't had a good realistic flight sim developed.

Been reading all the posts about this game and its good to see Anton keeping us informed and answering what he can.

505 done a good job of premoting Armed Assault when it first came out so maybe soonish they'l do their thing.

In the meantime ive sent a message off to xbox's 'SentUAMessage' asking if there are any flight sims being released for the 360. I know there is but maybe theyl do a piece on it - and that will give it its first bit of advertisment! ;)

FireFly
02-07-2009, 08:08 AM
S~ All. I am one that never post, but keep a eyeball here every day
for news. Im a hard core il2 player and skinner, you will be serprised how
many people await the birds of prey. Buying 2 copys day one just to support
the devs.;)

Anton Yudintsev
02-07-2009, 12:18 PM
S~ All. I am one that never post, but keep a eyeball here every day
for news. Im a hard core il2 player and skinner, you will be serprised how
many people await the birds of prey. Buying 2 copys day one just to support
the devs.;)

That's nice to here!
Thanks a lot!

Tomo
02-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Just wondering Anton, will you keep your team together once BOP is complete?

If so, what will the next project be?

GabeFan
02-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Just wondering Anton, will you keep your team together once BOP is complete?

If so, what will the next project be?

Anton did mention a BOP sequel in a previous post!! :)
That would be great!!

Tomo
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
That would be great!!

It sure would! Hopefully BOP is a huge success and they get to work on a sequel right away (after a short holiday :grin: )

xNikex
02-20-2009, 01:22 AM
That would be great!!

Yeah, It would be neat if we could download Pacific theatre and stuff like that from Marketplace on XboxLIVE.