PDA

View Full Version : Any strategy against black dragon?

maltz
01-22-2009, 06:12 AM
I (warrior level 25) advanced into the Necro land. Now I see black dragon everywhere. Their fire spray attack is very annoying. I wonder whether there is a good strategy against it? Thanks.

Dabrinko
01-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Ditto on this one. The AI for the black dragons is that ALWAYS attack units standing in line so the spray attack kills as many as possible. Good in a way, but annoying in another. Dragon Slayer (Mass) + Target on a stoneskinned/manaspringed tank to distract the other enemy units and bang the Dragons to death before they decimate you too much.

lauvhk
01-22-2009, 09:03 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5609

Gatts
01-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Isn't Target working only on max Level 4 units (and only if they don't have Mind Imunity?)

Dabrinko
01-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I guess I need to clarify. In the deadlands, the black dragons are never alone, but have a contingency of Archers, Vampires and whatnot. (Yes, Target worked for them)

I really don't need them (especially the ranged attackers) to bang more on my staybehind forces who's getting enough pummeling from the dragons as it is.

Right now, summoned thorns or my horsemen (replenishable ftw!) are the major "Target"-target.

After the Black Dragons are vanquished, Target is still effective and let my inquisitors kill the other undeads with ease, and then it's resurrection time.

Gatts
01-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Ok, thanx - now I get it.

Muzzy
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I was lucky to get 2 sword of the dragon slayer(+50% attack against dragons and +5 attack). One on my chara. and one on my wife then cast level three dragon slayer spell(mass) and I eat through most dragons :D.

Va'an_Majere
01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Sorry. wrong thread.

Anyway, i also find it difficult to kill those buggers. They're my number one enemy on my list after demons. How do you efficiently kill demons in demonis btw?

Metathron
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Re: Demons

First of all, cast Magic Shackles level 3 straight away. The demons are highly dependent on their abilities, which make them very dangerous.

If you don't have one already, find a unit with high initiative that will enable you to have the first move.

For me demons were a breeze with Sprites, Lake Fairies, Elves, Hunters, Skeleton Archers. Also had Anga's Ruby. :grin:

maltz
02-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Let me answer myself here.

(1) Defeat the lv30 tournament in Darion. This gives a guaranteed Dragon Slayer Sword. If you are lucky you might have 2 now. Equip them all, of course.

(2) Depends on the battlefield. In a "short" battlefield, spread the troops out so only one will come under attack (no annoying fire spray). This makes resurrection/sacrifice later easier. In a long battlefield such as in the Ultrx, you don't have to worry. They can't reach you yet (but don't align multiple troops in a straight line or the red ones will take advantage of that...)

(3) Get onslaught level 3. Get the elf hunter, who will go before the blackies. Cast dragon arrows on the hunter - boom, one stack neutralized. The regular elf archers (lv 3)'s double arrow is awesome, too.

(4) I find that the AI really hates my inquisitors. Great - I give them a chance to beat the crap out of them for two turns and... Time Back (at the end of turn 2)! LOL.

Zandalar
02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Well, against them blakies, get yer troops spreed out (must have the ability to rearrange yer troops before combat begins), make sure ye have inititive as high as possible (get a high inititive troop and the talent). Then protect your highest defensive troop with fire resist and go after the blackies. gonna have to rez a lot and damage mitigate. Try to bait them to yer toughest troops and just wail on them. The mass dragonslayer and if ye get lucky with dragon slayer sword to buy helps emensly. They are the meanest troops I know except right behind them are the 3 top Demons can be annoying.