PDA

View Full Version : Morale Mode

The Rider
01-21-2009, 12:23 AM
I did some tweaking on the morale bonuses and I gave +1 morale for all units in the army with glory (3) - so glory at third level not only gives +500 leadership but +1 morale. The bonus works if at least one stack is human (the glory always was a human thing :) )
I am writing this to ask how do you find the morale bonuses. I find them too lacking. In my first game I was always with neutral morale, so no big critical bonuses. I played either with humans or with mixed army (human one race bonus is disabled in the game). In my second game I enabled the human bonus plus bonus +1 for humans and elves. And it was more fun with the crits. I know that some wives give +1 racial bonus and there are a few items but +3 bonus is something that I never reached.
Here is the code, the file to edit is in ses.kfc - morale.txt, just add the red text in the race2race function
// Наличие представителей одной расы изменяет мораль другой расы
race2race {
undead {
human=-2,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -2
elf=-3,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -3
dwarf=-2,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -2
orc=-1,hint_morale_undead,tolerance<1 //Присутствие нежити в армии. Мораль -1
}
demon {
human=-2,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2 //Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -2
elf=-2,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2 //Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -2
dwarf=-3,hint_morale_demon,tolerance<2 //Присутствие демонов в армии. Мораль -3
}
elf {
dwarf=-1,hint_morale_elf //Присутствие гномов в армии. Мораль -1
}
dwarf {
elf=-1,hint_morale_dwarf //Присутствие эльфов в армии. Мораль -1
}
human {
human=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
elf=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
dwarf=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
orc=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
undead=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
demon=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
neutral=+1,hint_morale_glory,glory=3
}
}
I edited the hint files (language files) but you dont need it really to make it work

Keneth
01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Morale is everything but lacking and you want to buff it? :shock: If you want +3 morale, you just have to put more effort into it. :mrgreen:

Also, have you tried making a combined block?
human,elf,dwarf,orc,undead,demon,neutral { }
Not sure if it works but this might ensure that the bonus is always applied regardless of what you have in the army.

The Rider
01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
it doesnt work that way. this is the reason for the presence of humans for it to work :)

Keneth
01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Well there's plenty of other ways to ensure that you don't need to drag silly humans along, you're just being lazy. :P

Csimbi
01-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Keneth,
it appears you understood it in a way that there are technical difficulties making it work.
The way I understand is that The Rider wants you to drag the humans along intentionally (as a price for the extra morale).

The Rider, you could make it so that the Glory skill effects other races as well - a bit less.

The Rider
01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
@keneth, I just said that your suggestions about the code dont work, not that I couldnt make it work. And the humans are not silly, at the almost-end of the game my stack of guardsmen could do 11k damage, where 10 black dragons could do 3,9k. Dont understamate them :)

@csimbi, true, it is just another two-three lines work, I could post it here, but I am working at the moment on a bigger mod expanding the training skill and few other skills that add bonuses for different creatures in the game (i.e. double shot for hunters or second attack after retaliation for the werewolves - the same skill orc veterans have).

Keneth
01-23-2009, 04:48 PM
I actually found dragons quite useless, they don't do enough damage, their skills are average, and you can't resurrect them. But that doesn't make humans any better, personally I don't see how glory is "a human thing". It's a knight thing, or a hero thing, but it's certainly not a human thing. :P

The Rider
01-23-2009, 05:21 PM
I dont see a point to argue. I want to make it that way and I did.

Keneth
01-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh don't be so cold, modders are supposed to give consideration to criticism and suggestions. ;)

The Rider
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
as you said, if you want to take max bonuses, you have to put a little effort

Csimbi
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I actually found dragons quite useless, they don't do enough damage, their skills are average, and you can't resurrect them.
So true. :rolleyes: Using my damage mod the dragons do only 200k damage, while the Cannoneers do 700k (to low-level creates such as spiders, skeletons)... Though I have the telescope (the dwarven item that increases attack skill of the archers - making them ubering any opposition).

Kelteel
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
@ The Rider

Thanks for the mod. I am playing the Demo before I buy and there is not much info on exactly what Morale does in this game. I am sure I will find it useful when I start playing.

Keep on modding!!

... ... :cool: ... ...

Kelteel
04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
So true. :rolleyes: Using my damage mod the dragons do only 200k damage, while the Cannoneers do 700k (to low-level creates such as spiders, skeletons)... Though I have the telescope (the dwarven item that increases attack skill of the archers - making them ubering any opposition).

I sure hope that my character doesn't run into anything needing that type of damage. .. :shock: .. I think my whole party would be toast. .. :!: ..

I am playing on normal diffculty so I don't think I will run into them. I have run into a couple of groups that were 'overwhelming' that I had a riot battling. I had to do a reload to continue.

Csimbi
04-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Surely you will run into such armies near the end...

Kelteel
04-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Surely you will run into such armies near the end...

Csimbi

I have battled groups stronger than mine and at times took on groups that were 'overwhelming' to see what it was like (got my butt kicked too). I wanted to try them so I could learn how better to organize my troups for the next time I run into them. I hope to be at least level 15 and not a level 9 the next time when I do it for real in the game. I will problably try once per level as it is actually fun attempting to beat a much stronger opponent.

I did not think I would need any weapon that would do 200k - 700k damage since I am playing on normal difficulty. I thought you were playing on one of the hardest difficulties because you mentioned a mod.

I am surprised that the sellers never change or renew what they are selling except the King after the Monster Turtle throws the match on Lyaro Island. I found that battle to be a rather unique method of gaining an ally.