PDA

View Full Version : New to game but love it !

isometric
01-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello dear friends,

I play alot of rpg/strategy games, mostly rpg. I am from the old school ie..no consol game in my home :). Why this game was not under my radar...I think was due to 3 reason:

1: On the sites a read it was classified as a strategy game..meaning Red Alert etc.
2: Marketing..well more need to be done with that, but I understand that a hefty budget is needed for that :).
3:Turnbased games anno 2008/2009 for me it loocked like yesterday (Agree here I was wrong)

Still to make a long story short....I missed the release of this great game...and stumble upon it....downloaded a free demo and got hocked.
Tested it for 5 houres and I didnĀ“t know anything....but still I noticed that I liked this kind of game. Day after meaning today I bought the game....A succsess story :cool:.

My normal gamestyle seams to work on this great game also...meaning
killng the easy stuff and avoidning the hard stuff.

Yes I have some problems....So for some tips from some veteran players to a NOOB :o. I always try a warrior first and i want to know this:

1. I havent used any scroll yet at lvl 7, meaning I have tons of scroll....what to do with them and what to scribe into book ?

2. Skill three I used most on Might ( well I am a warrior ) maybe I read something wrong,night Night Operation lvl 3 I only saw +6 att/def...before I read about is only being used at night. Other than that I only put points in exp increase or rage increase.

3. Well I just arrived on Western Islands...how far am I from getting Rage Lina and Reaper. I bought a boat...and use runaway tacticks to get all the freebees. Like I said I am a cheasy player...Brave Sir ISO running away ;)

4 I always save money in this kind of games....is it important, ie can I use money late game ?

Input wanted: Yes

best regards,

ISO

Metathron
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome and glad to hear you're enjoying the game.

1. You can sell the scrolls you don't need in any castle. You can also drop them at any time, though it's better to sell them and earn at least some cash. The skill "Trade" from the Mind tree will increase their selling price. As to which spells to scribe, that's too complex a question to give a straightforward answer. It depends on your playing style. Probably the spells to scribe are the ones you've used a couple of times and found very useful.

2. Seems fine to me. Don't really know what to comment on here...

3. Hey, no shame in sneaking around grabbing stuff. :grin: As for the next spirit, you'll be able to get her in the next land, i.e. after you finish the main quest in Freedom Isles (retrieving the maps). You'll also get the last spirit there, but for the first one, you don't have to fight at all, and can just grab her and go back to the Isles with her.

4. Aside from buying troops, spells and artifacts, you'll be able to use your money later on, yes, but I don't wanna say what for. Not that it's a huge secret or anything, but it's better if you find out yourself. Let me just say it's in the same place you'll persuade the last spirit to serve you.

isometric
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the answer Sir Metathron !

Still now I understand that even a mighty warrior may even use some "girlie" spell ingame :-P

I just scribed 3 scroll to my book....well newbie scroll "haste" maybe can be used at some point and

Berserk because it sounds/looks like a warrior spell and Stoneskin.

I just hoope that I can unlearn some spell if I made a mistake ?

I now read about "VIP spells" well havent found any yet, and are all classes using the same spell ?

regards,

ISO

Metathron
01-19-2009, 10:11 PM
You can't unlearn spells, no. Haste is a good choice for slow walkers such as Knights. Slow is even better for thwarting sturdy enemy walkers and getting rid of them from afar.