PDA

View Full Version : Real-Time Missions?

GabeFan
01-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone has any info if BoP will allow you to fly missions in real-time? I hope so...

The only other Combat Flight Sim I’ve played was “Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe” back in the early/mid 1990s. The game allowed you to fly real-time missions that could take hours to complete, just as they were in WW2. There was also a very nice feature that allowed you to speed-up time when needed. Maybe this is already a standard feature on the IL-2 PC games, but to fly a complete real-time mission was really fun & realistic. Will BoP have this?

I do not like how most of the current console flying games start your mission with you already flying and end without landing!! Not very realistic!! :( I remember some of my best experiences on “Secret Weapons” was trying to nurse a badly damaged fighter or bomber to my home-base and worrying that I would be jumped by enemy planes. I always liked how you had to complete the WHOLE mission (including landing back home) to be successful.

Thanks for any info....

Tomo
01-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Hi gabefan,

I can't provide much of an answer to your question - but I do remember anton saying to takeoffs and landings will feature in some missions. I was very happy to hear that!

GabeFan
01-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hi gabefan,

I can't provide much of an answer to your question - but I do remember anton saying to takeoffs and landings will feature in some missions. I was very happy to hear that!

Thanks for the info Tomo! Great to hear that takeoffs & landings will be incorporated.