PDA

View Full Version : Ore for Gilt for Painting.

Lucidious
12-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I am doing the griphon quest line and have already defeated the Duke and returned the crown. Now the gryphon king has asked me to get a painting from the painter on the island. After speaking to the painter he sent me to the dwarf up near the mines in the same zone which I cant get into yet. The dwarf tells me to go and get ore to make gilt, well I guess I didn't real the quest well enough because I cannot find the ore anywhere. If I go back to talk to the dwarf he gives me no clues on where to look.

If someone could give me any insight I would appreciate it.

haze
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM
You need to find the ore in the Crestion Mines...in order to get there you must have permission from the king. Once you get into the mines you'll see the ore in small crates scattered throughout the mine...you will also have to look in Lower Hadar to find all of the ore.

Metathron
12-30-2008, 11:36 PM
you will also have to look in Lower Hadar to find all of the ore.

Will you? I seem to remember all of the ore was to be found in Creiston Mines, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Lucidious
12-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Hmm, I went back and spoke with the king and there is no option for the mines. Only an option for Islands of Freedom.

Have I not progressed far enough along in the plot to finish this quest line?

*edit* Hmm, it now appears that I can go into the mine. Thats very odd though, there was no dialog from the king.

Thanks for your help!

Holywhippet
12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
In terms of plot, you need to finish your mission on the islands before you can enter the mines. If it lets you in early it's either a bug or a feature I don't know about.

haze
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Will you? I seem to remember all of the ore was to be found in Creiston Mines, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Your are right Metathron...the last two peices of ore are found just beyond Crestion Castle after you go up the sky bridge.

Gatts
01-07-2009, 03:16 PM
The ore places are randomized in small extend (they appear in pre-set areas, but there are more areas that ore - so each game you may find them on other places... or not :) )

And yep - you need to follow the main (crown) quest in order to get in the mines, so to get the griffon quest is not enough... still

I believe the Griffon King will give you this quest first when you return him his crown, what is possible only if you return from Freedom Islands, where you have to find the mine map... only if you returned from freedom islands w/o this main quest item - map, only then you can get "paint griffin quest" and not have the main quest done.