PDA

View Full Version : Artifact sets

Metathron
12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Is it possible to "force" the game, via a mod, to make all the artifacts of a certain set appear in the game. I mean if the Knight's Cuirass appears, say, in King Mark's castle, then it would be nice if the other three parts of this set would also appear at some point in the game.

Keneth
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
This issue has been brought to attention already, personally I haven't gotten around to editing vendors yet so I'm not sure if they call any scripts or if scripts can add items directly to a store. I don't really find this such a good idea though, it would mean that everyone gets all sets on the first run and it takes some of the charm out of replaying the game. I can see how it might get frustrating if you never get a full set though. In case you really need something, you can always summon the item through a script, it's not very elegant but it gets the job done. :)

Metathron
12-29-2008, 11:07 PM
it would mean that everyone gets all sets on the first run and it takes some of the charm out of replaying the game.

No, if there's one part of a set, it would be nice if the rest were present somewhere on the map as well.

Not: Each game should contain all artifact sets.

I think you understood what I meant but the quoted part made me clarify just to be sure.

Keneth
12-30-2008, 01:00 AM
I knew what you meant, yes, but the fact is that in my games I usually found at least one part of each set, hence that would mean that you would get all sets in just about every game.

kromberg
12-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I kind of agree that at least one complete set should be in each game. The game should be able to determine if there is at least one set. If there is not, then randomly pick one and make it complete. Granted the set might not what you desire, but you can at least one a set if you choose to.

Keneth
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
That would require checking every single vendor, chest, and drop, all of which I'm not even sure if they are generated at the start of the game or as you progress. And in most cases you probably will get at least one full set during the course of the game, so it's a lot of work for a mod with little value. :)