PDA

View Full Version : Cooperative multiplayer

Tomo
12-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi Anton,

I'm not sure if you have played Gears of War 2, and more specifically the "Horde Mode"? Basically, this is a cooperative multiplayer mode where friends join forces to take on wave after wave of enemy. The difficulty increases with each wave.

Do you have anything similar planned for Birds of Prey? Cooperative multiplayer seems to be a real drawcard for games these days, probably based on the success of the Wii and it's party style gameplay.

Also, does B.O.P feature multiplayer bots?

Obviously it's too late to implement this is you haven't already done so, but i was just curious to hear about your thoughts.

Also, are you able to provide an update on progress? I know many people who are eagerly anticipating the release of this game! We really don't want to wait much longer.

Thanks, hope everyone on the forum has a great New Years party!

Anton Yudintsev
12-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Hi Anton,

I'm not sure if you have played Gears of War 2, and more specifically the "Horde Mode"? Basically, this is a cooperative multiplayer mode where friends join forces to take on wave after wave of enemy. The difficulty increases with each wave.

I know what you are talking about, and no, there won't be such a mode.
But there will be something more, than just dogfight.

Also, are you able to provide an update on progress? I know many people who are eagerly anticipating the release of this game! We really don't want to wait much longer.

Everything goes as scheduled yet.
We are doing improvements based on focus review feedback.
As soon as there will be Beta version, you'll know about it.
And the game won't slip next year in any case :), so nothing new yet.

Thanks, hope everyone on the forum has a great New Years party!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Just a small postcard (Actually, it is big. Small one is on our website).
http://gaijin.ru/images/2009eng_big.jpg

Buggins
12-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Merry Xmas and happy new year Anton and all BoP fans.

Cheers.

Paul

Llyranor
01-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Ah, that's too bad. I love co-op gaming, and a multiplayer co-op mode would have been a great addition.

What about the campaign itself, though? Is it singleplayer only, or can other players join you in co-op? The original IL-2 did a good job supporting co-op, after all.

Thanks!

Anton Yudintsev
01-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Ah, that's too bad. I love co-op gaming, and a multiplayer co-op mode would have been a great addition.

What about the campaign itself, though? Is it singleplayer only, or can other players join you in co-op? The original IL-2 did a good job supporting co-op, after all.

Thanks!

I like coop, too.
But in IL-2 all (most) of the events go without player.
So you can loose or sometimes win the mission even without being near mission objective.
Definetely we wanted the same experience for hardcore players - that's why we have our Single Missions.

But in Campaign, the story is more player focused - there are additional objectives, some forces, well, somehow like 'waiting' until you perform some objectives to arrive, etc. It is not 'rails' of the Call of Duty series, but not full-scale independence of IL-2 as well. That's why it is not so easy to make co-op gameplay for Campaign - the game in Campaign is much more player-oriented, and for combat-flight sim, where there are no artificial obstacles in the sky, letting anyone goes anywhere that means it is much harder to do playable co-op gameplay, leaving the same level of intense, actions and frequency of events - I mean, if you want still to be closer to reality than, say, Blazing Angels.

soiledlocket
01-24-2009, 04:36 AM
I dont think there will be such a mode either due to the fact that it will be hard to fight waves of fighters with just a few of your own. But i think in more cases you can maybe have a co-op mission where one player bombs and the others are fighters