PDA

View Full Version : Few questions... *Possible spoiler*

Speed112
12-21-2008, 10:58 PM
1. How do i get to the Dwarf king from the main quest "Dwarf treaty" , i have explored every bit of upper and lower hadar(?) and the first mine and yet didnt find a way to the king.

2. As a mage in lower-mid phases of the game, regarding my wife (Feanora) should i get children? If not what artifacts do you suggest to get?

3. How do I change Feanora into frog? Nothing appears in chat besides baby issue and dumping her like at Rina.

4. Could you suggest some combos i could use? (artifacts + spells + mobs + wife and w/e)

5. After i finish with my mage, I am thinking of making a Paladin and use Undead army :grin: is this going to be fun ? (as Paladins usually fight undead...)

PS: I am a level 11 Mage, married with Feanora, I like a lot Royal Snakes (so i don't think i will be losing them soon) and I prefer fast and powerful units over slow but resilient (although i usually have a tank in my army), also i love pwning enemies with powerful spells rather than buffing my units to pwn them themselves (Combat spells > Buffs... well at least in fun part).

YENKO
12-21-2008, 11:19 PM
You will know that you are near the Dwarven king's castle when you meet (in Taron mines) a black dragon patrolling a small square-like area in the mines. The castle (Taron) is just upstairs past the portal, in Ardan's Peaks. On the Ardan's Peaks map, castle Taron is right in the middle of the map.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v210/CresInFocus/Game%20Img/?action=view&current=TaronR.jpg

Speed112
12-21-2008, 11:43 PM
oh so i actually have to go in the taron mines :| ... i avoided that place thanks to the strong enemies ahead. Thanks this is a great help for me.

Wow ... I went to rescue the king's son from the castle... my my that was such a tough fight, i managed to win in first try (with rage potion, making tactic before battle and taking extra caution) i was left with 3 griffins and 22 royal snakes... it was hard and i dont even want to know what it would've shown if it would've been on the map because i usually beat overpowering enemies with very little loss. This has been my toughest battle in my whole TBS history o.o . This is one of the reasons why i love this game :D

lauvhk
12-22-2008, 01:21 AM
You need to ask yourself two questions about Artifacts/Items:

1. Do you prefer blasting the enemy with your spells or kill them with your units?
2. More importantly, what kind of items, found or available in vendors, have you encountered so far? It is difficult to tell which artifacts you should use if it doesn't even appear in your game as most stuffs are generated randomly.

For power blasting mage, you want to achieve ultra high Intellect. Otherwise, you want to shoot for a more balance take on Attack/Intellect. Look for those items that give these benefits accordingly.

=====

As for Feanora, as long as you ignore her on having baby, she will turn into frog after 10 or so battles.

Speed112
12-22-2008, 01:51 AM
also i love pwning enemies with powerful spells rather than buffing my units to pwn them themselves (Combat spells > Buffs... well at least in fun part).
I guess this answers your question, about artifacts i realized this as i read more in the forums, currently i only have 15 int at level 11 with adherent staff, Feanora human form and i think another buff, altho i tried to add to Int everytime i leveled-up. Also i have a pretty small mana pool so i might work on that also. Oh and Feanora turns into frog after 13 battles first time and then after 21 as far as i read.
I understand that you suggest to get artifacts, and not children (still waiting for opinions) , well i prefer you to tell me the certain sources (quests, npc, etc.) and not the random artifacts, I am not stupid and I realize when a found art is better then one i already have but i was thinking you might tell me maybe a combo of arts that go with the slots of a wife.

lauvhk
12-22-2008, 04:16 AM
I assume that you already receive the Adherent staff by completing the Magic Range. If not, you can get another one. However, you need Mirabella/Xenoa as they are the only 2 wives that have weapon slot. Remember to upgrade it to Archmage's staff later.

Other than that, I can only recall 2 fixed items that benefit any blasting mage. The first one is the Old Skull (+3 Intellect, +10 Mana). You get it in the Magic Valley in Ellinia from the shaman who summoned the boss turtle earlier. There is an option for you to fight the shaman but either way you get the artifact.

Another one is the dragon cloak (grants 15% power to your damaging spell). You will get it by completing the Seven form of Haas which is only available later in the game.

For more information about wives/babies, read this thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4559). I am really not a big fan of babies, especially for Feanora. I always want to strangle her to death when the newly born baby increases the scroll capacity.

Speed112
12-22-2008, 04:26 AM
2 words: ha & ha lol
Yes i got the adherent staff from the magic range (man i love tricking those slow mobs and running around them) and i heard that you can also get another staff from the archmage with the staff of destruction but i am probably going to get xoana equip her with the staffs and i will use the whip + ruby + faeries combo for offensive, i will finish this game as combat mage but i wanna try a buff mage to see if it will be much better, also i will try the no loss technique so i keep my sprites from the beginning. Thx for the info about on the arts and about babies, I realized i don't need them, but i have a baby on the way with feanora so i am hoping for +5 int :)

YENKO
12-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Of the 12 possible babies with Feanora, only Googlik can boost your INT by 5. It's a very slim chance methinks.
Anyway, good luck with the kiddo! ;) If you don't get it on the first try, you can retry. Feanora won't mind a single bit, i'm sure... all that time living as a frog... :cool: