PDA

View Full Version : Old and yound dwarf with a code board puzzle, how to solve?

Metroplex
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know the answer to this, I don't know what to do to solve it?

YENKO
12-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Keep clicking on the machine and set it to represent the correcrt symbols, 1,2, 3, 4, 5 etc. Check the 'labyrinth' on the scroll to discover which rune represents which number, its easy when you figure it :)
For example: 1 is the showel, 2 is the keg, 3 is the hammer (just an example) etc.

lauvhk
12-21-2008, 05:38 AM
Zoom in and click on the symbol to swap their locations until the whole sequence matches the puzzle.

Seems to me that the correct sequence is always the same, even the starting symbols are in the same place in almost every game.

Metathron
12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
No, it's definitely not always the same. Mine was different each time for 3 games.

Gatts
12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
As deciphering the picture may take a long time, I have created a rule of quick solving the scheme:

I remember only 2 (any) signs (for instance beer and boot)
I place them right on the button machine, and then just guess the other three (if you don't like guessing so much, all you need is to remember 3 instead of 2... you can surely easy correctly place the remaining two in right order, at least on second try :) )

stpkg
12-23-2008, 05:32 AM
1) trace the routes of the symbol from shown from the dialog.
2) remember the number they are represents.
3) zoom in to the control panel
4) click on each any two will switch there positions from 1 to 5 accordingly.

I have no difficulties in doing it.

YENKO
12-24-2008, 01:13 AM
Probably the biggest 'issue' of this particular puzzle is to figure out that you need to zoom on the machine and actually start tinkering with THE MACHINE, and NOT with the SCROLL :D